[23] Ibiki

"I am very much against the idea of being in the chunin exams. I have already surpassed this stage, it would be unfair to other contestants. Lord Hokage please reconsider your decis—"

"Kagami I am not reconsidering anything. You never went through the chunin exams so it is perfectly suitable. If it makes you any happier, you are a solo contender, no genin to take care of."

The Hokage knows he's won, that she has nothing against him to convince him to pull her out of the exams. She is his little spy, the one that will contact and relay all information onto him. The one that will keep everyone safe, as much as possible.

Kagami bows her head and leaves the room, aiming for the first task, which should've already started, but knowing the proctor this entrance will be perfect, he will wait all day to catch the right moment.

She takes her time walking through the building, taking in her surroundings. Not many people are around, meaning it's almost time for the exams to start. Kagami climbs the stairs to the 3rd floor swiftly, almost breaking the door when opening it.

She checks room numbers for the correct one, then almost faveplams when she notices it's the massive, dramatic looking door at the end of the hall. She opens the door slightly, popping her head on just to make sure. Everyone in the room is having their own little conversations, the genin having a rather loud one.

She slips in unnoticed and stands behind Naruto, unknown to him. He turns around and screams, scaring the other genin, making them jump apart in fright. He raises her eyebrows in question, though they can't be seen.

"Kagami-chan! Don't sneak up on me like that, Believe it!"

"She didn't really sneak up on you, she walked straight up to you. So troublesome." Kagami looks over at Shikamaru and her Anbu training drops as she stares at him.

He looks over at her lazily. "What?"

"Pineapple," she says in a small voice. Causing Ino to almost scream out in laughter.

Shikamaru's eyebrow's twitch and he scowls, looking away from her. "Troublesome woman."

"She looks away from him and over to 'her' team."

"I'm doing this solo as we are unevenly numbered."

"Huh?"

"What?"

"Don't care."

"We are a for man team, it isn't allowed in the chunin exams, but one person groups are if they are signed under the title of teammates M.I.A or K.I.A. So I am participating alone. Leave my alone for the rest of the exams." Kagami doesn't wait for a response, she just leaves.

She sits down at one of the back desks and silently observes. There are many groups where it is easy to spot to leader, or weak-link. But most look even enough. Some are obvious cheaters, while others are obvious goody-to-shoes. Which is what Kagami is looking for.

'We can't have them interfering with our work.'

"Why to you think I told them to leave me alone?'

'Oh, very smart, very smart.'

'Idiot.'

'Hey! I compliment you and you insult me? This is blasphemy.'

'Shut up,'

'Yes, ma'am.'

Kagami cuts the link between her and Masaru so she can think clearly. But Yua seems to not want this to happen.