[16] Bridge

"I don't believe it." Naruto mumbles in his sleep while Sasuke gets up and gets ready.

"Idiot. . ." Sasuke mumbles as he quietly leaves the room.

Kagami is already in the kitchen, sitting at the table with her brother, both ready to leave. All head turn as Sakura almost falls down the stairs as she makes her entrance. She huffs, looking as if she'd run a marathon.

"Ready to go?" Kakashi asks the three, his eyebrows raised.

"Is Naruto not coming?" Sakura scans the people in the kitchen.

Kakashi shakes his head, "He completely depleted his chakra, it'd be best to let him rest today. He can join us when he wakes up."

Sakura nods, looking over at Tazuna and nodding to him and Tsunami.

"Let's go." Kagami silently follows her brother, as if she had never spoken to anyone in the group. She has seemed to have reverted back to her Root training days. Stay silent or never speak again. As they reach the bridge they are greeted with the sight of many workers knockout and scattered across the bridge.

Sakura lets out a gasp, Sasuke's eyes widening and Kakashi almost groaning him annoyance. Kagami steps forward, two Kunai already in her hands. Kakashi grabs her shoulder and pulls her back as Zabuza and the Tracker Nin appear.

"Sasuke go!" Sasuke shoots past Zabuza and attacks the Tracker Nin head on, almost catching him by surprise.

Almost.

"Hmph. It seems you have a worthy match Haku." Zabuza slides his focus from Sasuke to the two silver haired siblings. Sakura gasps again before pushing Tazuna behind him, her hands up with a kunai clutched between the two.

"Kakashi of the Sharingan and. . . . . The Assassins Shadow I'm guessing." Kakashi's eyes widen only slightly at the mention of the legendary assassin.

Kagami narrows her eyes at him, her Anbu mask firmly placed on her face, "How'd you guess?"

Zabuza grins widely at the girl, "You match the description. Short, long hair. Yet everyone seems to think your a man. They got that wrong didn't they?"

Kagami doesn't move, nor does Kakashi; they want him to make the first move, that way it is easy to counter as a duo. Zabuza seems to notice this, smirking largely. He gets cocky and attacks, but the two are ready.

Sakura watches the fights, her mind racing.

'Stay here, protect Tazuna-san. You can do this Sakura.'

"Kagami!" Masaru appears suddenly and bites into Zabuza's shoulder, incapacitating his left arm. Zabuza lets out a shout and throws the wolf away from him.

"Masaru." Kagami almost mumbles the name, but the wolf picks it up; knowing exactly what it means.

"Got'cha!" Kagami runs towards the man, her katana in hand. She swings at him multiple times, purposely missing him, but getting close enough to make him dodge. Masaru appears behind the man, biting into the same shoulder. Zabuza lets out a scream, this time swinging his cheese cutter sword towards the two, making them both jump away back to Kakashi.

"Your turn." Kakashi doesn't acknowledge his sister, instead he attacks. Kagami's eyes wander to Sakura, making sure she hasn't got herself killed, before doing the same to Sasuke. When she does look back, Zabuza has already cut open Kakashi's hand.

She hisses and attacks the man again, lodging a shuriken into his already wounded shoulder. Kakashi thinking up plans while Zabuza is preoccupied with his shoulder.

"What the. . . . ." Kagami follows Masaru's line of sight and notices that the Uchiha has been encases in a dome of iced mirrors.

'I look away for a few seconds. . . .'

"They are all the same." Yua rolls her eyes at the Genin.

"Masaru." The wolf nods and runs off towards the dome to help the Uchiha, but not forgetting to bash into Zabuza on the way.

"Actually," Kakashi smirks a little under his mask, watching his sister eye down the Genin. "I wanted you to stab my hand. It makes this easier."

Kakashi flicks open the compartments on his Jonin jacket and slides out scrolls. He unravels them and rubs his blood down the middle. A 'puff' clouds the vision of Kagami.

"Hm? Kakashi?" Kagami turns towards her brother in question of the new voice. Sitting around her brother is multiple dogs; summons.

"Hold him down."

The dogs are fast, faster than Sakura could believe. One second they were giving Kakashi a look of question, the next they had Zabuza pinned down.

Kagami doesn't look for long, instead she runs towards Sasuke.

'This bitch going down.'

'Masaru.'

'Oh shush.'

Kagami pushes a kunai against the ice mirror, forcing her weight into it. The ice whines under the pressure but doesn't mark. Kagami grunts, annoyed, and hits it harder with her palm. The ice shudders but doesn't seem to take any damage.

'I'll handle this, child.'

Yua's silver chakra sleeps through Kagami's hand, the chakra cracking the ice on contact, but retreats before it can shatter the slab. Kagami breathes deeply, trying to control her heartbeat after the small feat of new chakra.

Kagami is knocked out of this state when a senbon needle grazes her mask, cutting through it, letting a little trail of blood run down her face.

I got distracted, I could of been killed in that time frame. Concentrate Kagami!

Kagami blinks a few times before attack the slab of ice again, this time it does take damage. It cracks further—not going unnoticed by the caster who throws a few barrels of senbon needles at her before concentrating of Sasuke again.

Kagami slams her palm into the ice again, almost breaking it.

'One more.'

Yua's words give Kagami a little hope, who goes to slam her palm into the ice again, but is stopped by a loud voice.

"THEY SAY THE HERO ALWAYS COMES LATE! IT IS I! NARUTO UZUMAKI!"

s.h.o.u.t.

Almost finished the wave ark, tell me your thoughts. I'm thinking of making the chapters longer and more detailed.

~shadows