[25] Look-Alike

Kagami glares deeply at Anko, her thoughts being messy and disrupted.

"You should be listening! This could keep you alive!"

"Oooh, I'm so scared!" Naruto sticks his tongue out at Anko, but freezes when a lady appears next to him, her tongue elongated and wrapped around Anko's kunai.

Kagami stiffens up, her body freezing for the first time in years, she slowly glides her eyes over to look at the 'woman' from the corner of her eye. Her long hair and unnaturally long tongue gives it away.

Orochimaru.

s.h.o.u.t.

Kagami stands quietly by her gate, her being one of the first people get her scroll. She wasn't listening to conversations or collecting any information, she was thinking, trying to understand.

'Masaru.'

'Kagami.'

'I need you out here, and bring the cat.'

'The cats name, for your information is Yusi.'

'Just get out here.'

'Your so mean, Kagami.'

'Shut up Yua.'

'Ka-ga-mi.'

Kagami severs the bond between them one again and wanders off into her own land again.

He can't be here, there is no reason for him to be here. I don't have a name to him so there is no way he found be off a village database, especially since I'm not in the database as Kagami as I'm a Root Anbu member.

She sighs and looks around, trying to see what the 'lady' was focusing on, but she seemed to be focusing on nothing, only her teammates and the forest in front of her, Kagami looks away, looking at her team.

The lady turns to look at Kagami as she looks away, and narrows her eyes at her.

"That girl, is familiar to me," she mumbles to her two lackeys. "I just don't know from where."

She turns away as Kagami spins around again to look at the forest, Masaru and Yusi finally appearing next to her. Yusi jumps up and lands on Kagami's shoulders, lying across them and closing her eyes. 

A chunin walks over and stations himself at the gate, giving Kagami a few strange looks but not questioning her. Masaru sits quietly next to her quietly and stares unwaveringly into the forest, looking fit any movement. Kagami stiffens slightly as the Orochimaru look-alike walks past behind her, very close too, almost touching her.

She doesn't make an effort to move away or to move towards him, mainly towards him to cause him pain. But then she would be disqualified and that's just not good.

Anko starts yelling something, but even if Kagami was paying attention she wouldn't be able to hear her. Kagami has watched Orochimaru walk to his gate with his team members, he is only three gates away, so she is trying to figure out her fastest way through the forest so she doesn't have to encounter.

'The likelihood of him knowing who I am is very slim, as I was taken by the Anbu at a young age. Him remembering me is even slimmer. He most likely only feels like he knows me somehow.'

'That would be the closest answer, he doesn't seem to know who you are, that's why he's walking near you and standing close to you, to see how you react.' Yua mumbles to Kagami, even though she knows that no one can hear her.

'He could always just be trying to piss you off.'

'Masaru.'

'I love myself too much to die~!'

This time Masaru severs the bond between the two and he nudges her hand. Kagami looks down at him to see him smirking wildly at her. She has the urge to smack his head, but that would look like animal abuse, so she sticks to lightly tugging on his ears.

He pulls away as Anko jumps into a high branch of a tree but over the fence of the forest.

"THREE!"

'Oh we're starting. . . . .'

'It would seem that way.'

"TWO!"

'Try not to die Masaru.'

'It's a daily challenge living with you.'

"ONE!"

'You little—'

'Oooh, look! It's time to go!'

"GO!"

The gates open and everyone is off. Kagami sets off around the edges of the fence, knowing everyone will bee line for the middle of the forest, wanting to get there first. Kagami looks around carefully making sure no one is in pursuit before nodding to Masaru. The said wolf growls quietly as he's size slowly grows, his burger coming from Kagami's waist to just above.

Kagami grabs a tuft of his white hair and pulls herself onto his back, carefully making sure Yusi doesn't fall off her shoulders. The white wolf takes of immediately, jumping through trees and around vast amounts of unidentifiable foliage.

"Up, Masaru." Kagami makes quick orders as she feels the presence of other Nin.

Masaru jumps onto a tree trunk and digs his claws into the bark, jumping again to pull them both up and onto a high branch. Yusi wakes up as she almost falls off Kagami's shoulders. The cat hisses and jumps onto Masaru's back, just into front of where Kagami sits, practically disappearing to the long hair of the wolf, the black iris in the middle of her white eyes the only thing visible from between the sea of white hair.

"Hide your chakra." She mumbles, leaning forward towards the ears of both animals.

Kagami leans backwards slightly to see between the branches at who is walking underneath them, the team seemingly calm about to whole exam. Red hair flashes between the leaves, letting Kagami know exactly who it is. She becomes perfectly still, but Yusi being on Masaru's back suddenly wasn't a good idea. The white wolves long hairs seem to cause irritation for the cat, as it raised its head slightly and opened its mouth.

Something just recognisable as a sneeze left the cats mouth, cause Kagami to silently curse to herself.

'Masaru,' she watches the tree beneath her turn to face their direction. 'Run.'

She jumps off his back and speeds through the trees as Masaru trails next to her, Yusi grabbing into his back for life. But the sand of the red headed nin caught up and flattened anything in its way. It's fast, faster than the two running from it for sure.

'Yua!' For the first time in years, Kagami sounded slightly emotional.

Slightly.

A barrier and silver appears behind the two, making to sand run straight into it, blocking its path. The two siblings of the sand owner come to a halt just in front of the barrier, staring at it in confusion.

Kagami lets out a sigh of relief before running up jumping off the trees, Masaru doing the same, careful of Yusi.

'He is a dangerous contestant. Far more dangerous than originally presumed.'

s.h.o.u.t.

~shadow