[36] Scared

Kagami was bored. A common ground between all the exam stages. But she seems to be more bored than the usual 'I would like to go home and sleep.' It was more of an 'I am so bored I rather restart my entire life story than do this.' But there was anxiety within the girl. For some reason she believes that there is a very real chance she may be beaten today because of her injuries.

Not likely.

Kagami is the first to head to the contestant balcony, mainly because she had been to multiples of these and knew how they worked, rather than Naruto who only knew about these exams the day he got drafted into one.

"Kagami," One of the Black Ops. gives the girl a small nod as she walks past.

She nods back, guessing that she has been the subject to conversation since she has no idea who or what that was. She pushes open the large door to the balcony to find that she already has company unlike she had believed. The sand team were standing quietly looking onto the field. Temari and Kankuro turn back to glance at her, whereas Gaara chooses to not move, knowing who it was from her chakra.

Kagami could sense that Shukaku was restless, as it made Yua pulse chakra around dangerously. It annoys Kagami when she does this, because anyone could pick up on the excessive amount of chakra leaving the girl's body. But she knew that it was the warning call for the beasts. Usually they tend to calm down when they feel the chakra but today it seemed to make Shukaku more excited, as he starts to visibly distract Gaara.

Kagami takes note of the boy's eyes glazing over everyone and then, clearly not paying attention to anyone around him because when his eyes unglaze his sand seems to react to the closeness of Kagami. She had pushed off the wall and stood almost a meter away from the boy to see if the sand would react while he was distracted, but it would seem that Shukaku was also distracted.

Kagami was about to taunt the boy, wanting to have a go at him for kidnapping her, but she is interrupted by Naruto Uzumaki.

"AH! Kagami-chan! I haven't seen you in weeks!" The blonde-haired boy launches himself towards the girl, his intent to aggressively hug all the meanness out of her.

But Kagami just steps to the side, the boy completely missing and falling straight over the balcony railing. Kagami rolls her eyes and grabs his leg, throwing the boy back onto safe ground with ease.

Naruto lays on the floor, his butt in the air and tears streaming down his face.

"Kagami-chan hates me, ah, first Sakura-chan and now you." He sniffs loudly.

Kagami once again rolls her eyes as Shikamaru steps up, his eye widen a little at the sight but reform back to normal when he sees who it involves.

'Some things never change, troublesome people.' He shakes his head and steps closer to the two, keeping a wide birth of the Sand contestants.

"Give him a break Kagami, he just misses his friends." Shikamaru pulls the boy up to his feet, giving Kagami a little side-eye.

The said girl gives him a blank stare before turning away from him. Naruto stares at her, then he looks back at Shikamaru who is still looking at Kagami, and then back to the girl.

Then back to Shikamaru.

"How did you do that?" Naruto whispers to the boy, starring at Kagami along with the boy.

"What do you mean?"

"How did you get her to leave me alone without her hitting or insulting you?"

Shikamaru raises his eyes at his best friend, thinking for a second, he sighs.

"You just have to get to know her, I guess."