1

Pez

"I swear, I really don't feel like going, Jesy." I told Jesy, while I tied my strapped heels. She was making me go with her to that new club in London, but Im just not having it. I just don't feel like partying tonight. I know, pretty unusual.

"C'mon Pez, we hardly ever go out anymore. And you promised me you'd come with me. So, you really can't get out of this now." She said as she applied a thick blotch of mascara on her lashes.

"Where the hell are Jade and Leigh by the way? I thought they'd be coming with us." I looked in the full body mirror and checked my appearance. I was wearing an all black ensemble with my hair straightened out along with smokey eye make-up and red lips.

"Jade went to her mom's at South Shields and Leigh is with Andre. She said they were going on their long overdue date. You don't have a valid reason, because you just visited your mom last week and you don't have a boyfriend, so you're coming." She pushed me aside and took my place checking her appearance on the mirror as well.

Recently, she has been taking so much pride in her figure. She used to be so shy about it, her insecurities filling her thoughts, building up her anxiety. I know that she has worked really hard to achieve her body goal and I couldn't be more proud of her.

"Go on, Jesminda. You can rub my lonely non-existent love life on my face anytime. I don't mind, really." I took my purse and checked if I had all I need. I need to have my phone, house keys, my wallet and a small bottle of pepper spray in case some scumbag decides to mess with me.

Jesy just laughed and wrapped her arm over my shoulder. "Oh c'mon Pez. That's why you need to come. You know, you might meet some cute guys tonight." She jokingly nudged me.

"Ha! Cute guys my ass. I think I'm over boys. I think what's-his-face left me a curse. I haven't had a decent relationship in a long time. I'm so done with it now. I'll probably be alone forever." I slumped on the bed next to Hatchi.

Even though I have already moved on years ago, I still can't help but remember the crap that I had been through. I was so wrecked and damaged and the pain I felt was unimaginable. I just couldn't go through that again. So, as the years went by, I have managed to build a strong wall around my heart, protecting it from being broken again. Yeah, I've seen other potential partners but none of them just seemed worthy to be let in.

I was trailing my fingers over Hatchi's thick  fur when I suddenly a strong smack on the arm from Jesy. "Ow! What was that for? You brutal cow."

"Don't you say things like that, Perrie. I hate it when you're too hard on yourself." She sat beside me and gave me her typical serious Jessica Nelson look. The look she gives us when she's about to go all Gandhi on us." What? I'm just saying that it's a possibility. I could always be the cool aunt for you and the girls' children, anyway."

"Oh, shut it Perrie. I'm pretty sure you'll find someone before I do. Just keep your doors open, okay? Keep your heart guarded but don't shut them close." Jesy ran her fingers through my hair like a mother consolling her daughter. Well, ever since we got together she had always taken the role of being the mom of the group. I gave her a smile and sat up. I wouldn't know what to do without her and the girls. "Okay, mom. Since when did you get so dramatic, Jesminda?"

"Oh shut up, Pez. I just give terrific advice. Now let's go before I change my mind and have a slumber party instead." She pulled my arm and tried to drag me out the door.

"I want to have a slumber party, instead." I moaned as I grabbed my purse on the way out. " Come on, we don't want all that good make-up go to waste. You look banging by the way." She was pulling my arm all the way out the front door. "I can say the same for you, Jes." I locked the front door and hid the spare keys under a fake cactus. We were at my house, well we always are.