4

Pez 

"Hatchi! Give that back!" I was running after Hatchi around the house. I was baking something and one of my mits fell off and Hatchi immediately run off with it.

I was preparing snacks for the girls and I since they were sleeping over tonight, but they won't be here til around 10. I was also preparing the ingredients for Alex and I's dinner. I was cooking for him tonight, and I need to make it extra special especially after what he had done for me last night.

Flashback to 8 am in the morning

I woke up today in an unfamiliar bed and only then did it sink in, that I was sleeping on Alex's bed when I saw him snuggled on the couch, shirtless. I had stared at him as he slept. And to say that I haven't drooled even a bit would be a lie.He looked so cute when he slept, his defined features looks so calmed and his freckles were the most fascinating things.

My elbows were propped on the bed, my chin resting on my palms. I was staring at him, from head to toe. I hadn't noticed that he had already woken up. "Liking what you see?" I was startled at the sudden sound and I looked at him. He was looking at me, grinning like some madman. I felt my cheeks heat up so I looked down and giigled.

"Morning." He said as he got up. "Morning to you too." I got off the bed and started fixing it. He grabbed my arm and stopped me. He had already put on a shirt when I looked at him. "You don't need to do that." He said, smiling. "Well, I'm almost done so you can't stop me anymore." I stuck my tongue out and smiled. "By the way, why did you sleep on the couch? The bed was big enough for both of us." I said as we got out of the room. "Well, I wasn't sure if you were okay with it. I didn't want to wake up with you smashing a book on my face."  He joked. I slapped his arm and laughed. "Hey, I wouldn't do that." We were heading downstairs laughing. "Okay, don't worry, next time I'll sleep beside you." He said as he walked in front of me. I smiled to myself thinking about the idea. "Good."

We had breakfast at the nearby diner and he took me home after. While we were at the gasoline station to gas up on the way to the diner, I saw him talking to an old man. It looked like they were having a great conversation. I stared at them, at him.

It dawned on me that he was the kindest, most raw person ever. As I looked at him I found myself remembering how kind he is to me, how protective and loving he is. I smiled at the fact.

That night i had first met him, the walls protecting my heart had already started to crumble, as if he had a force so strong that made it's way to my heart. And the fear of having my heart broken was immediately driven away by the way he treated me, by the way he cared for me and by just the way he looks at me. He made my heart beat at a metahuman pace and he makes my day a little brighter just by the sight of him. I think I've fallen for him. He always made me laugh and made me feel safe. I love his freckles, his jokes, his attitude, his goofy side. I love him.

"What are you smiling at?" He asked as he got in the driver's seat. "Oh, nothing. What was that about?" I asked, trying to find out what he and the old man talked about. "Oh, he just talked about his wife. It's their 52nd anniversary today and he was very ecstatic. He also told me to hurry up because a pretty lady was waiting for me." He looked at me and smiled. I did too.

End of flashback

"Yes! Bad Hatchi!" I've finally retrieved the mit and took it back to the counter. I went out back to feed my other 4 dogs and when I got back in, I heard the doorbell. I picked up Hatchi and opened the door. It was Alex.