5

Pez

"Perrie, wrong foot!" For the fourth time Claud calls me out again. We have been rehearsing for the past hour and I just keep on messing up my step. I mutter a 'sorry' and went back to position to start over  again. We were in the middle of our last minute practice for our performance at the X-Factor Finals tonight and for some odd reason my head is out of its game today. 

I took a deep breath and tried to recall the steps of the complexity of this dance routine. I'm not normally like this though, I'm quite quick to pick up, not as fast as Jade, but I'm definitely not slow. I exhaled as we began to start again, biting my lip as we got to the part I kept messing up. And for the fifth time, I missed it again. I closed my eyes as I anticipated Claud's voice to fill the silence.

"Perrie!" Claud now had his hands covering his face and I can sense the frustration in his voice. "Perrie, I swear to God!" Jesy screams from across the room. "What's gone into you, Pez? You've already mastered this routine when we were practicing last week. " Claud asked as he came up to me. "I really don't know." I can feel my frustration dawning in on me. 

"How about we take a break? 30 minutes." I nodded and walked into our lounge. I sat down on the couch with my elbows propped on my knees, palms on my face. I just seriously don't know what has got into me right now. 

"Pez?" Jade places her hand on my back as she sits beside me and hands me a water bottle. "You alright, babe?" Jesy and Leigh Anne ask as they went inside the room. "I'm sorry, really." I shake my head, sinking it down to my knees. "Hey, it's okay." Jesy rubbed my back.

I sat up and slumped on the couch. "I swear I don't know what's happening to me. I haven't been focused since this morning. I even almost fed Hatchi the cat food for breakfast. I swear, I'm an idiot." 

I've been so distracted lately, I haven't been focusing and I've been so grumpy and irritable about everything. Am I going mental? I took in a deep breath and exhaled a long sigh. The girls look at me, worry transfixed on their faces.

"Is something wrong? Is it Alex? Is he being shit? We're going to beat him up, I swear." Leigh being Leigh started being dramatic as she moved to the chair in front of me. 

"No, no, no. It's not Alex. He's amazing. He made me breakfast this morning and he drove me here. He's just the loveliest thing in the world, bless him. We were working out together before I came here, and by the way did I mention that he has really nice sculpted arms and his shoulders its---" I managed to look up to the girls and they were grinning at me. 

"What?" They looked at each other and laughed. I was suddenly rendered unaware of the situation. "Would somebody tell me what's going on?" The three of them continued to snicker, stealing glances with each other.

Confusion dawned over my face as I looked at them. Are these idiots really not going to tell me what's happening?  I feel like a deer with headlights right now. 

"Oh, Perrie darling." Jesy wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. "I think we know why you're acting that way." Jade and Leigh started to giggle again, moving closer to me.

"What?" Jesy chuckled and swallowed a lump in her throat. "You see, you're in dire need of some Oxlade-Chamberlain action." I looked at the three of them, trying to find a clear answer. "What do you mean?" They started to laugh again, amusement on their faces. "Perrie, seriously?" Jesy stared at me in disbelief.