Special Chapter: Brits

Alex 

I smile as I write a caption on my IG story. I was on a flight en route to London for the Brits to support Perrie. All the guys will be there too, in fact they are already there. I send Pez a message saying I was to land in a few minutes. This is going to be the second time I get to go to the Brits to support Perrie and the girls and I just really hope they win because at the rate of how hard they work, they really deserve an award. 

"Sir," The pilot says, making me scoot over and lean to side. "Yep?" I ask. The co pilot turns around and looks at me. "Uhm, we won't be landing for a few minutes, sir. We haven't got confirmation to land yet. We have to fly around for a while." My eyes grew wider, my heart starting to thump. "What? Why? This is a private plane." I say. "I know sir, but we have to wait for confirmation."

"Did you hear what he said?" I turned to Matt. He nods his head. "I'm afraid so." He says. "Maybe you can still make the red carpet, though." He says. I fish my phone and type a message for Perrie. It was pretty cold in the plane but I can literally feel my sweat trickling and my hands clammy. 

Pez, when are you going                    into the red carpet? 

We're leaving in a few minutes.
Where are you?

Oh gosh, you are going                         to kill me.

What. Why? You are
in the ground, right?

Ehm, about that. My
plane can't land. We're just
flying around, waiting to
land.

What? We really have to
go soon.Does it mean I have 
to do red carpet without you?

Oh, Om so sorry, babe.
We're still literally  flying
around London. I'm really
sorry. 

Oh, it's fine babe.
We really have to go.
I guess I'll just do it alone.
But, it's alright I understand.
Be safe. I love you. 

I will make it up to you,
babe. I promise. I feel
so guilty. 

It's fine, babe. Really. I
have the girls with me
so I'll be fine. It's okay. 

"Oh my God, somebody get me out of this freakin plane!" I say, trying hard not to raise my voice. I squirm in my seat, tapping my feet relentlessly. I prop my elbows on my knees and cover my face with my palms. "Chill, bro. She'll understand." Matt says beside me. "I am so getting killed." I mutter. I know she understands my situation, but I know that this is very important for her and she'll be the only one without a date on the red carpet. Gosh, I feel so guilty. The woman has never failed to show up in numerous matches and I can't get to her just because this plane can't land. 

"Sir, we are ready to land." The pilot says through the intercom and I only but jumped off my seat. "YES!" I say, raising my hands. I suddenly stilled as I realized what I had just done. "Sit your ass down, Alex!" Matt says, laughing as he pulled me by the arm back to my seat. "Oh thank you, Jesus." I say as I buckle my seat belt, preparing for landing. 

"The car is waiting outside! I'll just get a cab with the bags." Matt yells as I run towards outside. How weird would have it been for the people around me to see a man in a tux running like a madman. But I don't really care, I just need to get to Perrie. "Let's go! Let's go!" I say as I got in the car. "Go! Go! Oh my gosh, go!" I say as we drive away.