11

Perrie

Ever since I was younger, I have always been mesmerized by the thought of love.

Back then, I knew that love was the only thing keeping my mam from strangling my brother and I whenever we fought, the only thing that kept my brother from killing me whenever I had done something to him and the only thing that kept me from killing my brother. 

As the years went by and as I got older, I slowly understood and found meaning to what love really is. Love is when you care and show concern for someone, making sure that they are happy. It can be manifested for everyone, either to your family, to your pets, to all your loved ones.

It is a commitment to a person. 

Personally, I've found love a few times back. Even though I got hurt at the end, I would be lying if I said that there wasn't love between it. Of course there was love, but it was just not enough, not the right kind of love. It was love that wasn't meant to last.

Now that I've found it again, I found a whole new other meaning of love, and I've become more mesmerized of the thought of being in love. It's knowing someone's weaknesses and not taking advantage of them. It's knowing someone's flaws and accepting who they are. Love is making sure that the other is happy and in return, it makes you happy as well. It's suppose to be a give and take process. That's what I learned when I got with Alex. He makes me happy every second that we're together, and I make sure to make him happy as well.

Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges and fighting to be together. In our case, since both of us travel a lot, being away from each other is our largest trial. Love is in the efforts that both of us make for each other. The distances we go just to see a glimpse of each other's smiles. I make sure to be in his every game whenever I have the time, to support and cheer for him. Even though he wouldn't hear my chants from where I'm seated, I want my mere presence to be the best boost of confidence and drive for him.

He too has gone miles for me. He stayed a whole week with me on tour. It was his week off and the fact that he rarely gets it and he decides to spend it with me, to travel with me and support my shows warms my heart up to its very entirety. I don't think I've been this in love with anyone before, he brings my definition of love to a whole other level.

Being with Alex, I learned that though our love is also measured by the extent of the measures we make, it is also found in the little things. The love I see in his eyes whenever he stares at me. The way he wakes me up in the mornings with soft kisses. The way I feel safe and protected whenever he has his arms around me or when my hand is engulfed in his.  

The little gestures that he does makes my heart skip a beat. When he pulls me aside when we're walking in the street, when he tucks stray hairs behind my ears and even when he just smiles at me from a far. And whenever he kisses me, sparks ignite and love just overflows like fireworks lighting up the sky, making the pit of my stomach churn. I've never felt it with anyone before, just him. That's why I'm assured that he's the one I love and will be loving forever.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the alarm clock go on. I reach over to turn it off on his side of the bed, careful not to wake him. I've been up for almost an hour, and all I've been doing is watch him sleep, thinking about how much I love him while running my fingers through his hair.

I scoot closer to him, propping myself on my elbows a little higher, returning my fingers to run through his hair. I stare at his face while he slumbers, a subtle smile spreading across my face.