22

Alex

I wake up to a loud bang. I open my eyes and flinch as the sun's rays invade my eyesight. I turn around to the space beside me and find it empty, a little crumple along the sheets was all that was left. Bang. I bolt up, startled by the loud sound. I spring up and hastily put on my slippers and run out of the room, into the hall. "Perrie?"I call out, worry starting to dawn all over me. I listen for an answer but there was none. Bang. There it is again, I quicken my pace and almost trip as I hurry down the stairs. 

I release a sigh of relief as I reach the living room, my hand making its way to my chest as I feel my heart beat. The first thing I saw was a very sweaty Perrie standing on top of a stool, hammer in tow, her gaze very intently focused on whatever it is she's doing. "What are you doing?" I ask, utter confusion displayed on my still half awake face. "Oh, you're up! Good morning!" She swings the hammer, hitting what seems to be a nail embedded on our living room wall. I take a weary step forward as the stool wobbles but immediately stills afterwards. "I was just trying to hang this frame up, but for some reason it won't budge." She says, still focused on her task. I wince as she swings it again, this time obliviously almost hitting her thumb while the stool wobbles again. My heart skips a beat, waking me up fully.

"Woah. Okay, Handy Manny. Let's try not to hurt yourself." I say as I grab her by the waist and carry her down. "I'm almost done!" She whines as I set her down the floor. "I'll do it." I say, prying the hammer from her fingers. "Come on, hand it over." I say, chuckling. "Fine." She says, placing the hammer in my palm. I shake my head and chuckle as I make my way up the stool. "Hold the stool for me, baby." I say. "Careful." She says, holding the stool still as she looks up. 

"Okay, where's the frame?" I ask as I finish. She runs to the sofa and picks up and frame and hands it over to me with a wide grin on her face. I slowly take the frame from her, my brows furrowing. "Really?" I ask, baffled. "Yep, they're our babies. They need to have a spot in the house." She says, grinning at me as she points to the rest of the frames she has already put up. I turn and see the frames with Otis and Leo's picture and the one I'm about to hang is a picture of Hatchi. "Okay," I say, laughing as I hang the picture on the wall. 

"All done." I say, jumping off the stool and moves to stand beside Perrie, looking at the frames. "Yay!" She says, clapping her hands. She lunges at me and hugs me, her hands wrapping around my neck. "Good morning!" She says, pulling me in and kissing me on the cheeks. "Good morning to you too, dear." I say, chuckling. "You're unusually perky in the morning?" I add, as I follow her to the kitchen. "I woke up really early, so I'm sort of done with moping." She says, placing a plate of waffles in front of me. 

"So I decided to make breakfast before the chef gets here and hang up some frames." She says, leaning on the counter as she sips on her green juice. "By the way, you should have waken me up. You could have feel." I say to her. "Well, you looked really peaceful in your sleep. Plus you needed the rest after that match of yours." She says, smiling at me. "Now stop talking and finish your breakfast." She says, leaning on the kitchen island, taking a bit of my waffles. 

"I love it when you make breakfast." I say, taking a bite. "Of course, it's part of my wife duties." She says, walking around the island. She runs her hand over my shoulder and proceeds to sit on my lap. "Oh and what would those 'wife duties' be?" I ask, a wide grin forming on my face. "Well," I chuckle as she pretends to think, looking up. "Making sure you're fed, and just basically making sure you're happy and your needs are met." She says, drawing small circles on my chest. 

"Really now?" I grin, at her she bites her bottom lip. I lean in and kiss her, my hand resting on her thigh as my arm cradles her back. She wraps her arms around my neck as she smiles through the neck. I was to pull her closer when the ring of her phone ruins our momentum. "Ooops, I gotta go get that." She says, giving me a teasing grin.