12

Alex

"I swear, Alex. If I trip on something you're really gonna get it." Perrie said as she grips my arm tighter. "You're going to be alright, honey. I've got you." I said as I placed my hand on the small of her back, guiding her to my room where my surprise for her was set up.

I had made her wear a blindfold when she got here and lead up the stairs to my room. She was due to leave soon to finish the last few shows of their tour and I really just wanted to do something special for her before she goes away for a few weeks.

"Okay, we're here." I say as I opened the door, guiding her in. "Is this my murder sight?" She snickered when I closed the door behind us. I left her standing on the middle of the room while I tried to fluff the pillows ad check if everything was ready and in place. "Okay, you can take them off now." I say to her as I stand by the surprise.

She untied the knot behind her head and gently took it off of her face. Her eyes flickering as it adjusted to the sudden exposure of the slightly bright lights. She scanned the the room, her eyes glinting and a smile slowly creeping its way to her lips. "Wow, Alex." She walked over to me and clung her arms around my neck, taking in the surroundings of the room.

The room was surrounded with flickering fairy lights that almost seemed magical as it illuminated the room. The bed was filled with her favorite pillows of mine along with her favorite comfy comforter. The side table next to the bed was packed with her favorite snacks, an array of crisps, sweets and popcorn. The big flat screen TV in front of the bed was already set up with Netflix, ready for all the movies that she wants to watch. I took pride as I scanned the room myself, proud of my masterpiece that only took me the whole afternoon to set up. 

"Do you like it?" I ask her as I look down at her. She was grinning from ear to ear, her eyes glistening. She looked like a child in Christmas morning. "Like it? I love it! Thank you, Alex." She leaned in and gave me quick kiss on the lips.  "I'm glad you like it. Anything for you, baby." I kissed her temple and pulled apart.

"Come on, what movie do you want to start with?" I pulled her to the bed. I took her shoes off for her and helped get comfortable on the bed. I climbed in beside her after I set the movies she had requested. We started with two romantic classics, A Walk To Remember and Serendipity, two of her favorites. 

I can't say I didn't enjoy the movies because I actually did. I've grown to love the things she also loves, up to the point where I find watching Disney movies and cartoons enjoyable. I just love making her happy, and my happiness greatly depends on her happiness.

I look down to her as she silently sobs and fights off tears as she intently watches the scene if front of us. I wrap my arm her a little tighter and rubbed small circles on her arm. I reach for the box of tissues on the side table and took one of the box and wiped her tears from her face. She tried to take it away from me but I insisted. I don't want her missing something from the movie. 

After four movies---two romantic movies, one comedy and one of my favorite movies that she insisted we watch----we finally came to halt with our Netflix and chill night. She sat up and stretched her arms and pulled her hair in a bun. "Do you want to watch another one?" I was about to stand up when she stopped me. 

"Nah, I think we had enough movies for tonight." She said as finished tying her hair. "Plus, we've ran out of snack." She said, putting the empty bowl---that had once been overflowing with popcorn---back on the table.

She crawled back under the covers and scooted closer to me. "I just want to cuddle for the rest of the time being." She buried her head on the crook of my neck and draped her leg over mine and played with my fingers.