18

Alex

"You know, I really won't mind if we just move our flight." Perrie says as she attempts to help me with loading our luggage in the car. I take a bag from her and carefully stacked it on top of another. "It's fine, Pez. Why don't you get in the car, it's hot out here." I gently ushered her to the front of the car, closing the door for her. I load the last of the bags and shut the door. I walk around the car and got in the driver's seat. 

"You're sweating." She pats a dry towel around my neck and forehead. I smile at her and stroke her head. "It's not too late to move a flight, babe. We're still here. I know you're really tired." She says, looking at me. I take her hand and smiled. "I'm fine, babe. Don't worry." I say to her. "But you just got off a match and it's a sixteen hour flight." She rambles, the concern evident on her voice. "Yeah, and that's sixteen hours for me to sleep on the plane. I'm alright, honey and I really don't want to move this trip. You can stop hiding your excitement now, I'm very much good to go." She smiles at me and caresses my cheek. 

"I can't believe we're going to Bali. I'm getting really excited." She says in her seat as we drive to the airport. Me too, but I'm nervous as hell. I laugh at her excitement and tried to focus on the road. The team had just won a match about two hours ago and now I'm on my way to the airport to catch our flight to Bali. I was finally doing the thing after a month of holding on to the ring. I was so occupied with scheduled matches that I couldn't make a proper plan for it and I really wanted it to be perfect. This was the start of my break, but Perrie had roughly three weeks left of her break and I was lucky enough to book a one week vacation for us before she goes back to work. 

It was really hard to look for a destination for us because she has practically been around the world. It's a challenge looking for a place she hasn't visited yet because I always want her to have a new experience. It's like looking for a gift for someone who has everything---well, she's close to having everything so I have to think of clever gift ideas as well. I ended up finding this beautiful resort in Bali and I just thought it was perfect. Also, she hasn't fully toured Asia yet which is a heads up for future vacations. I hear they have wonderful beaches.

I see my brother waiting for us when I pulled up the airport driveway. He was here to take the car back. "Hey man!" I patted his shoulder after Pez gave him a kiss on the cheek. He helped us unload our luggage because if there's another thing Pez and I have in common, it's that we don't travel light. "Have a great you two." He says, winking at me when Perrie wasn't looking. I gave him a look and smiled as he entered the car and drove off. 

I held Perrie's hand as I helped her up the stairs of our plane. We usually book private planes when we travel just to avoid the rush and commotion of the airport. We also get more privacy and alone time rather than having people try to sneak photo of us. I mean, we love the fans but sometimes are privacy just gets a little compromised. 

"After you." She giggled at my gesture and proceeded to walk ahead of me to her seat. I made sure she was comfortable and buckled up before I took my seat in front of her. I sunk into my seat, feeling the exhaustion weigh in. I knew it was a bad idea to go for this flight right after a match but everything is already perfectly planned out and I can't afford a mishap. 

She takes my hand and rubs her thumb on the back of my hand as she reads a book on her iPad. She makes eye contact with me and she smiles, the sweetest smile ever. I smile at her and she returned her attention to what she's reading. I feel my lids getting heavier and before I knew it, darkness took over my sight and I was immediately in a deep sleep. 

I woke up a few hours later, feeling refreshed and energized. I looked at my watched and found out that I had been asleep for roughly six hours. Man, that was a great nap. I looked at Perrie and smiled at her sleeping form. She had her iPad on her lap, her hand swaying on the armrest. I smiled at where her other hand was. It was still on top of mine from earlier. I looked at the monitor and saw that it had already signaled that we were allowed to take our seat belts off and walk around.