7

Alex

"I know it's not right to talk about my past on our romantic vacation, but I knew that eventually we'd have to talk about it. I know I've been reticent about it, withdrawing you from the details when you in fact have been open to me about yours, and I appreciate that. But being here, I couldn't help but look back at what happened to me before." I gently massaged her shoulder down to her arms as she spoke. "He brought me here, on our first anniversary." I stiffened as she said that, aware of who she was pertaining to. "Mhm?" I trailed kisses on her shoulder as encouragement for her to continue.

"I had thought at that moment that he was the one. That we were going to have a life ahead of us. But," her voice faltered as I slowly unzipped the back of her dress, feeling the cold from my fingers brush along down her back. She gulped down. "But I was clearly wrong."

"Go on." I urged her as I slowly pulled her dress down her shoulders, exposing her lacy undergarment.

With a shaky breath, she went on. "I actually already had a feeling that he was gonna call it off. After all the cheating, I didn't think there was gonna be a wedding. But what hurt me more was how he," her voice faltered again when she felt my breath on her nape. 

"how he what?" I prompt her as I moved her hair to the side, exposing her bare neck, kissing it down to her shoulder blades.

She inhaled. "What hurt me most was how he decided to end it. Four long years, ended by just a simple text message. He hurt me. Emotionally and mentally and that's far worse than physical pain." I gently guided her across the room, sitting her on the bed. 

I sat beside her. The light pressure of my weight encouraged her to go on. "My heart broke into a million pieces. I was in so much pain. I felt like I was that useless and worthless that he would cheat on me, over and over again. Did he really think that low of me to end it that way like..." she trailed as I slowly pushed her to lean on the the headboard to get more comfortable, trailing kisses down her arms. "Like it was nothing."

"After that, I had decided to build massive walls around my heart. To protect it from being broken all over again. But," her breath hitched when I started to trail lingering kisses from her chest up to her neck. "But?" I whispered to her ear. "But then you came along."

"I was so scared to  let anyone in, but you've managed to to get my guard down. You made me fall..." she trailed off as I started  sucking on the skin on her neck. "Made me fall in love again."

"I've never been this, ugh." She tried to stifle a moan when I started to kiss the back of her ear. She swallowed hard, arching her back a little. She took in a deep breath. "I've never been this in love and happy. You made me whole again, you glued my heart back into place and made it a better version." I continued to trail kisses down to her chest.

She moaned. 

I felt a little flutter in my heart as I heard that delightful sound coming from her. To say I wasn't massively turned on, would be a lie. I tentatively placed a hand on her thigh. Without forgetting my manners, I waited for her to accept or reject my gesture.

When she ran her hand up my arm, I got my 'all-access' permission from her. I started to roam my hand up and down her leg and her inner thigh. 

Once again, she let out a satisfying moan that was practically music to my ears.

"You made me feel things I've never felt with someone else before. The happiness you bring me, the joy, the comfort." She arched her back up as I continued to trail my hands over her leg. "Gosh, I just love you so much. And I'm afraid. I'm afraid that the universe would take you away from me. That I'd end up getting hurt again, that I'd find it hard to love. I don't think I'd be able to survive another heartbreak."