10

Alex

"So, the ride is going to take about 15 minutes, then we check in when we get--" I stopped talking when I noticed that I was walking alone now, feeling the absence of my partner. I looked to my side and saw nothing but thin air. 

I stopped walking and turned around to find Perrie standing a few meters away from me. "What's wrong?" I ask as I walked towards her. She was glued in her spot, staring at our ride. "I don't think I want to go in that." She said pointing to the helicopter before us. 

"There's no other way to the island, Pez. We really have to go in that. You were pretty excited about this last night, what made you change your mind?" I held her hand and guided her towards the helicopter. "Yeah, but that was before I saw this monstrosity right before my eyes." She said, her gaze not leaving the transportation.

"It's going to be alright, Pez. You're not going alone anyway, I'm here." I gave her hand a light squeeze as we got closer. "Oh, believe me, when that thing starts to go haywire in the sky you won't be able to save me when you're halfway down the ocean." I feel her hands starting to get clammy, getting colder than ice. 

"Hey, look at me." I turned her around and lifted her chin so she would look at me. I gazed deep at her eyes that seemed bluer today than other days. "We're going to be fine. Plus, if we die, we die together" I told her, a sly grin spreading across my face. 

"Oh, wow. Now that's a relief." She said, exaggerating her expression.

"C'mon, we have to get in." I went behind her and grabbed her two hands from the back. I slowly guided her up the stairs and helped buckle her in. I can literally see her shaking her in her seat. "Calm down, babe. You're going to love it." I held her hand after I got buckled in. She took in a deep breath and let out a long sigh. I smiled to myself as she squeezed my hand harder.

We were on our way to St. Lucia in the Caribbean for our summer vacation. This was our first romantic getaway alone together, and we couldn't be more ecstatic with the thought of spending this much time with each other. I'm so looking forward for the beach, and all the amenities the resort is offering, but I'm more excited about spending some alone time with Perrie. We've barely seen each other this past month since I was busy with training and our matches and she and the girls had just started their Glory Days tour. 

Even though she was beyond terrified of being the helicopter, she still managed to snap a few photos and videos of us and posting them on her social media. She was clinging her arm around my arms the whole time, her fingers cold as ice. 

I looked down the window and saw that we were always there. "Look out the window, Pez." I told her. "Are we on the ground yet?" She asked, her face still hidden on my arm. "Nope, still in the air."  I said, amusement in my voice. "Then, no thanks." She said. I shook my head and grabbed her other arm. "Come on, you're going to regret it if you don't look out the window." She looked at me, as if asking for assurance so I smiled at her and nodded. 

She leaned into my side and looked out the window. I watched her face as her expression slowly morphed into awe as she saw the beautiful sight. We were flying over the sea, over the resort we were staying in. It had the bluest waters,blue like her eyes and the sight was truly breathtaking. "Wow!" She said as I felt her get comfortable.

"I'm gonna need you to get back on your seat ma'am." The pilot said as we were about to land. She sank back in her seat and held my arm tight again. The landing was a bit shaky because of the wind, but everything was alright. I wrapped my arm around her as the helicopter got a bit rocky. I smiled at the cute squeals she was making as the helicopter came to a stop.