2.

Yesterday was a really weird day for me, and I'm honestly hoping today goes the same. I didn't find out much about the group of friends, but they fascinate me. They didn't seem like they could cause a lot of trouble, the most harm they could do is smoke weed.

I'm sitting in the student center waiting for David to walk me back to the old art building because I was scared of going by myself. I'm scrolling through Instagram when a voice grabs my attention.

'Ave.' I look up to see It was Scotty Sire giving me the nickname. 'Scott.' I return.

'I hope you don't mind, but David went to lunch with just Liza today. I think it's a date or something. So he texted me asking if I could walk you to the art building.'

'I don't know, Sire. Being alone with a stoner isn't exactly my favorite way to spend my lunch' I joke.

'Hey now! I'm not that much of a stoner.' He jokes back.

I barely even realized that I had stood up to follow him.

'So why did you move here?'

'My dream is to go to UCLA for film. My Aunt lives in Wellington and it's not far from here so I can walk home. I guess it'll just be easier to get into UCLA if I'm actually here.'

'You like film, too?'

'Yeah, but not so much the acting part. It's more like the behind the camera kinda stuff that fascinates me.'

'You fascinate me.'

Is Scotty Sire flirting with me?

'I highly doubt that.'

Scotty stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. 'Why is that?'

'There's just nothing interesting about me.'

'I wouldn't say that.'

'Why not?'

'You know,' he said taking a step closer to me. 'I can see right through you.'

'I don't know what you mean.' I say with a small laugh.

'You may have only known me for a day, but I can read people very easily.' He moved forward with each word. He was much taller than me, which only makes this more intimidating. 'You're not as innocent as you're trying to come off as.' With that sentence, he turned around and continued walking.

'I never said I was innocent. Not once.'

'No, but I saw your face when you slipped up about smoking.'

'Smoking isn't that bad. It's probably the worst thing I've done.'

'Ever sneak out?' He asked.

'Yeah.'

'Ever drank?'

'Maybe.' He have me a look. 'Okay, yes.'

'Ever have sex?'

My cheeks became warm and I knew they were red. 'That's a bit of a personal question.' He chuckled. 'I'll take that as a no.'

-

I sat down next to Tod today. I was happy that he was here because I'm a little convinced Scotty knows every single detail about me, so I didn't want to sit by him.

'So Avery, we're having a party tonight at mine.' Dom said. 'You should think about coming.'

'Oh come on Dom, she doesn't party.' Scotty said as if he was challenging me.

'Actually, I have partied before, but I'm not so sure. I mean I barely know you guys and I partied way too much in Colorado I'm not so sure if I should keep doing it.'