27.

"It's Christmas!" I hear Meg yell as she attempts to shake me awake. I let out a groan as she yanks away my covers. "Come on, come on!" She pleaded.

"Leave me alone," I mumble rolling over to face the opposite direction.

"You can't be alone on Christmas!" She screams.

"Yes I can."

"Nobody wants a lonely christmas," she protested with a sigh. "If you don't get up then we can't get our presents, and that would be a shame." I immediately opened my eyes at the mention of presents. That was one way to get me up.

"Alright let's go," I stand up and grab her wrist with excitement. We both run to the living room giggling like children on Christmas day.

Oh wait.

We were both delighted to see Sarah already in the living room drinking a cup of coffee. She was currently reading a book with a pair of glasses at the edge of her nose. She was turning into a grandmother, I swear.

"Put that book away, we have presents to open!" Meg walked over to Sarah and pulled the book right out of her hands.

"Alright fine, but don't make me lose my place," Sarah said while taking her glasses off and setting them on the coffee table.

Meg and I both took a seat beside the illuminated tree we put together just the other day. Meg began to play Christmas music on her phone before we passed out the few presents we had under the tree.

"Okay, let's open together," Sarah said before counting down, "Three, two, one."

We immediately began ripping apart the beautifully wrapped paper that decorated the boxes. The present that I was currently opening was from Sarah. It took me way too long to open the box than it should have.

"No way," I say with a huge grin on my face. Inside the box was a camera I have been wanting for a long time. A Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100. "Sarah these are like, nine hundred dollars."

"I know, but I've been saving up for it since you moved here," She admitted. "I promise it's not a big deal."

"Well now I feel like trash! I just got you a bunch of Lush products and sweaters!"

"But they're comfy," She said while squeezing her newly opened presents closer to her.

"Thank you so much, this is incredible."

"Sarah has always been good with gifts, it's not fair. It's like she doesn't even have to think about it," Megan said while beginning to open her other gift.

"Hey wait for us!" I jokingly scold her before I start opening the gift she gave me. It didn't take long for me to pull out the black photobook. On the very top in white block letters was the word "Colorado". I opened up the first page to see a small note:

"Don't forget where you belong (home) -One Direction"

I let out a small chuckle at the basic drawing of a house and three stick figures holding hands. I could tell that the stick figures were supposed to represent the three of us because one was slightly taller than the other two. Sarah was five years older than us, so that must have been her.

I flipped the page to see the old pictures. The first one was Sarah reading to both me and Megan. Meg and I were in the same crib and Sarah stood on a step stool to see over the top of it.

"I thought it could help remind you of home. That way when you're out there doing big things at UCLA or wherever you end up going and you start to feel homesick you can just crack the book open. There's still quite a bit of empty spots, too, so you can keep on adding. I have from the start of our friendship right there in that picture to this Thanksgiving. There's even pictures of everyone who came with you to Colorado," Meg scooted closer to me as I continued to flip the pages of the book. She has always been like family to us.