16.

The days leading up to fall break seemed to go by slowly. We've spent most of November doing what we normally do. Smoking on roof tops and partying. In fact, Zane's 18th birthday was just a few days ago and it was probably the biggest party we have had yet.

But now, finally, it was time to fly to Colorado. I'm sitting in between Scotty and Gabbie on the plane. Across the isle from us is Matt and Zane. Behind them David and Liza were napping, and the seat behind us were occupied by Carly and Erin. I've been so excited for this trip since I mentioned it on the first, and now it was finally happening.

"You guys, I can't wait for you guys to meet my Mom and Meg!" I say while bouncing up and down.

"Avery, we know. This is like, the fourth time you've said this in the past hour." Gabbie laughed at me but I could tell she was slightly annoyed.

"What all do you have planned for us?" Gabbie asked me. "Well let's see, when we first get there my mom is going to pick us up. She will probably be filling me in on things or asking you guys a bunch of questions. I figured we could just hangout around the place we are staying at since we are arriving in the evening. But we can go hiking, and go to the mall, and we can check out Pike's peak, and-" I spent the rest of the plane ride coming up with fun ideas that I could do with my friends, but I think they only half listened.

-

"Oh sweetie I have missed you so much." My mom said while squeezing me. She was taller than me, which I still don't think is very fair, and her chin rested on my head. "I've missed you too, Mom." I couldn't help but smile. I was in no way embarrassed to be a mamas girl.

"And look at all your lovely friends." She motioned to everyone I had brought with me. "This isn't even all of them." I explain. "Some of them couldn't make it." They all introduce themselves to my mom, and of course Scotty had to go the extra mile and shake her hand. "I see what Sarah meant by Scotty being attractive..." my eyes widened. "Mother don't you or Sarah ever flirt with any of my friends again! Ugh I swear this family is too much alike." She simply laughed and led us to her mini-van.

"Well Meg is waiting for you at the house, so I figured we could stop there first. You can show them around where you grew up!" She smiled as we all piled in. We decided to stay at my house because we figured we had enough room. My room has a queen size, and the two guest bedrooms have Kings. My mom was worried at first, but I informed her that we've all slept in the same room before and we were just fine. Not to mention, we could have my brothers room, as well.

"Yeah, sounds like a plan." I pull out my camera and pan it to everyone piled in the back. You could see the trunk was full of all of our suitcases but since mom had to see out of the back window to drive, there was also some on the floor board. This means less room in the van. Liza had to sit in the very back on David's lap right next to Carly who was on Erin's lap. Scotty sat in between the front and back row occupying the left seat, and Matt sat on the right on top of Gabbie's lap. Zane was awkwardly sprawled out on the floor trying his best to avoid the suitcases.

"So guys, how is Colorado treating you so far?" I say with a laugh. "Oh just lovely." Zane sarcastically said while readjusting himself.

-

It didn't take long for us to arrive at my house. The whole car ride was spent by my mom pestering my friends. As soon as we arrived to my old house I had this weird feeling in my stomach. I haven't seen Meg since I moved. Yeah, we talked from time to time, but seeing her in person was a whole new deal.

I jumped out of the front and helped the others out as best as I could. "It's so cute!" Liza spoke about my house. It was very old fashioned but still a good size. "Thank you, Thank you." My mom jokingly bowed and led us inside.