7.

"Hey Scotty," I stop us right in front of my house. "My cousin's not home." I say looking up at him. "You don't wanna go home, do you?" I shook my head no. "I don't want to but I do want to grab my makeup." He rolled his eyes and laughed at me. "Why do you want to do your makeup, you're beautiful. Plus we're going out tonight with the gang." I lead us inside, but not without peaking my head in to make sure nobody is home, first. "I know, but I want to take a good picture of myself for Instagram. Something this drastic has to be publicized." I joke.

"So you're agreeing with me when I say you're beautiful?" He nudges me slightly.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"If you say sooo." He mocks me from earlier in the day. I grabbed my makeup bag and walked over to the closet. "This won't take long I just have to grab my white shirt and black jeans." As soon as I had the items I needed, we rushed out of my house and towards Scotty's. "I'm sorry I'm so needy."

"You aren't needy at all." He shoots back.

"Shit," I say as I see Sarah's car "my cousin just passed us.." my chest is tight. I squeeze Scotty's hand tighter as we walk though his front door. "Babe, Relax. She probably didn't even recognized you." My face turned beat red. Did he just call me babe? Am I hearing things correctly?

"Yeah you're probably right." I finally spit out. "Do you wanna watch me do my makeup?" I ask him. "Sure, but you're not going to cover all those freckles, are you?" He asked. "I am, but only because I feel like it. I actually love freckles." He smiled at me through the mirror as I wet my beauty blender. "I'm glad you do."

I sat there and talked to Scotty for about an hour before my makeup was done. I had just changed into my white shirt and black jeans but I feel as if something is still missing. "Scotttyyy." I drag out his name as I walk into his room. "Yeah?" He looks up at me and blushes. "Do you have a flannel I can wear?" He walks over to me and kisses my head, not my face, I guess he didn't want to mess up the makeup. "Yeah.. uh- can I just say that you amaze me more and more each and every moment we spend together." He leads me over to his closer to show me his flannel collection. "I want that one." I point at the thin green one in the middle of them all. "Alright, here." He took it off the hanger and slid it on for me. The flannel was the perfect amount of warmth and smelled just like Scotty. I walk over to the mirror and examine myself. "I think it's instagram time." I say and make Scotty laugh.

Instagram post:

Liked by ssmith, DiggingDani, and 592 moreYourfaveave: you know what? Fuck it

Yourfaveave: you know what? Fuck it.
View all 17 comments
ssmith: what a cutie
Lea_b: I'm obsessed with your new look

-

"Everyone's going to lose their shit." Scotty said as we waited for David to pull up. "You can tell you're still you. You have that Avery charm to you, not to mention you always smell nice." He spoke with a light hearted voice which caused me to smile. "But now you're like, an actual badass. Which you've always been one, just on the low key."