17.

"Hey hey, you you, I don't like your girlfriend." I am woken up to the catchy Avril Lavigne song being sung by Liza, Gabbie, Carly, and Erin. Meg and I both sat up confused. "No way, no way, I think you need a new one."

Meg and I looked at each other and I could help but laugh at her messy hair. "Hey hey, you you, I could be your girlfriend!" She joins in without questioning them at all. I look over to my clock to see that it's 10 in the morning. We stayed up pretty late last night, so it made sense to sleep in a little bit.

"I don't know what it is you idiots are doing," Zane said at the door of my room, "but Anne made breakfast, and it's ready." This made all of us girls smile in unison and all scramble up to get some food. We sounded like a heard of wildabeasts running down the stairs.

"Oh, good morning!" My mom greeted us all with kisses on the head. It's funny how we haven't even been here a full 24 hours and she has already kissed all of my friends on the head and grown to love them.

"Morning mom." I said while reaching for a paper plate. "How did you sleep?"

"Not too bad, probably as best as I could with a load of teenagers making a bunch of racket upstairs."

"Did we really keep you up?" Matt asked. "I am so sorry we just got carried away."

"Oh Matt, dear, it's fine! I'm just messing with you guys. I'm used to going to bed late, anyways! It's nice having some company in the house. I get lonely, the only company I ever get is Megan!" Matt's face grew red from slight embarassment. "He doesn't catch on quickly." David said while making his own plate.

"Well I hope you guys have a good day. I have to run down to the office. If you need to take the van anywhere, go ahead. If you just want to stay and hangout, that works too. If you're going to smoke anything, do it upstairs." She puts on her jacket and opens the front door. "I love you all!!" She blew kisses and walked out of the house.

"Excuse me, she just gave us permission to smoke?" Zane asked confused. "Why the fuck is your mom so cool?"

"She was a hippie. She was born in the 60s, guys." I say with a laugh. "Not to mention, we live in Colorado. It always smells like weed." Meg adds In.

"Are you guys really going to smoke? What am I supposed to do?" Matt asked sounding a bit upset.

"You don't smoke?" Meg asked. He shook his head no in response. "Me neither, so while these losers get high we can just chill together and play Mario kart or something." His face lit right up. "Sounds great!"

Scotty gave the two a weird look before looking at me and whispering in my ear, "is your friend flirting with Matt King or am I hallucinating?"   I just shrug my shoulders as I take a bite of the bacon. Meg is a very friendly person, so I wouldn't think too much about it.

-

"What do Coloradians do on a fine fall evening?" Matt asked with his legs crossed on the couch in the upstairs loft.

"Well, there's not too much. I'm sure you guys have way more fun in California." Meg tells everyone. "We can go to Pike's Peak, if you guys don't get cold too easily. There's also the zoo and some hiking trails. Garden of the Gods looks amazing this time of year. There's an arcade, it's really fun. There's also a wildlife center! There's also a lot of places we can go shopping downtown...." There was one thing Meg really loved to do more than anything else: ramble. She could go on and on about anything if you needed her to.

"Hey Meg?" I grabbed her attention. She stopped rambling and probably came to her senses because she just nodded her head without saying a word. "What do you guys think?" David and Zane both looked slightly overwhelmed at all the ideas thrown out at them, but everyone else seemed to be thinking.