22.

The plane ride home was long and boring. We were all worn out from cleaning the house and hot tub. Everyone found themseleves sleeping all the way home. We didn't want our time in Colorado to end, but we knew it had to. When we got to the airport, everyone was complaining about not wanting to go to school tomorrow. We decided to spend the rest of the day apart from each other and at our homes sleeping. When I got home, Sarah greeted me with the biggest hug.

I woke up today feeling like I swam across an ocean because I was so exhausted. I made myself a cup of coffee and waited on my porch to be picked up by Heath. He wanted to pick up me and Scotty since it's been so long since we have seen him.

After a few moments of scrolling on Instagram, I hear a honk. I look up and spot Heath with the biggest grin on his face and earn a little wave from Scotty. I drag my feet to the car and plop down into the passenger seat.

"Goodmorning!" Heath said before sticking his tongue out and heading out of the neighborhood. I groaned in response before taking the last bit of coffee left in my cup.

"Dammit," I groan and lay my head on Scotty's shoulder, "I really should have grabbed more coffee."

"Are you that tired?" Scotty laughed at my pain and wrapped his arm around me. I just nod my head in response. He leaned down and placed a kiss on my head making me feel slightly better.

"Well lucky for you, I know the best coffee place in town." Heath said turning right instead of left, going the opposite direction of the school.

"I don't wanna be late." I mumble.

"Don't worry, I've got this." He tells me. I don't quite believe him, but I wasn't going to protest. I was in major need of good coffee.

-

"K's donuts emporium? I thought we were getting coffee?" I ask looking at the building Heath took us to.

"They have amazing coffee, trust me." I just rolled my eyes as he led us inside. It wasn't too busy, and the workers seemed to be chatting with the few customers that were there. "Just sit here, I've got it."

Scotty and I took a seat right by the door. I put my arms on the table and lay my head down on them. I felt slightly better when Scotty started to rub my back.

"I'm suprised you're not this tired." I could barely let out.

"I'm always tired."

"That's not true." I look over to see Heath talking among the workers and making jokes as a lady makes our coffee. "When you're sleepy your voice gets raspy and slow."

"Like this." He tried his best to imitate his sleepy voice but all he did was manage to sound constipated. We laughed loudly in the small store earning us a few looks from customers.

"Come on, idiots." Heath said walking over to us. He handed me my coffee and we made our way to Big Red.

"You sure we won't be late?" I ask.

"Yeah, we'll be fine."

-

We were late.

It's not like my homeroom teacher was actually there to care, though. I walked in and took my seat right between David and Toddy.

"There you are!" David sounded like I've been gone for ages, but in reality I was only ten minutes late.

"Sorry, Heath made us go get coffee."

"I can see that." Toddy points to my cup that is now half empty. "We were just talking about Colorado."

"Oh yeah?" I raise my eyebrows at the two boys. "How did you like it, David?"