34.

School sucks.

I'm starting to get really tired of living the same boring routine. It's February, which means my Senioritis is getting the worst of me. I'm so close yet so far from graduating.

My grades have been really slipping lately. I haven't been studying and the only time I actually focus on my homework is when I'm in class. Getting high at school also doesn't help. Falling asleep in film production isn't any good when David is also high and Scotty can no longer take notes for me because he has to make up another class.

On top of that, I've applied for a few jobs at the mall and a few scholarships for UCLA. The scholarships aren't going to go very well if I don't bring up my grades, though.

So for the past week all I've been doing is studying and making up missed assignments. Some of my teachers weren't too happy that I'm only starting to focus this late in the year, but for the most part it's going pretty well.

It's also really hard to focus when I've been losing my sleep. All I can think about lately is that stupid drug deal we saw when we were on the billboard. It wasn't the drugs that bothered me, though. It was the gun.

I try my best to focus as I open up my locker and grab books for my next class. Science was always fun for me. It was pretty easy, and the teacher has always liked me. I also think she's a stoner, though.

I shut my locker and start walking down the hallway. I haven't seen any of my friends since homeroom, but lunch was right after this class, and I couldn't wait.

"Hey, sweetie!" I hear someone yell through the hallway. I assumed the boy was yelling for someone else, so I continued my journey to the science wing. "Hey, I'm talking to you, pink hair!"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around with a confused expression. I didn't know many kids at this school. I just kind of stuck with the gang, so it was odd when somebody tried to get my attention.

"What's your name?" The boy asked. His eyes were squinted and bloodshot, and I knew exactly what that meant. He was stoned. But why on earth would some tall jock be asking me for my name?

"I could be asking you the same," I retort while moving my books to one side so I could shift more weight onto my right foot.

"I asked first." I rolled my eyes and let out a scoff before trying to turn around. "Wait!" He caught my attention again. "I just want to know why I've never seen you before."

"I've been going to this school since August. It's not my fault you don't pay attention." The man gave me an odd smile before patting me on the shoulder.

"I like your attitude, pinky."

The bell rings signaling that it's time for class, and I couldn't be more excited. I never would have thought I'd be ecstatic about heading to any of my classes, but I couldn't wait to get away from this strange boy.

I walk away without saying a word. The stranger stopped bothering me as he went to his own class.

Science went by quicker than usual, and next thing you know it was time for lunch.

Scotty met me where he usually did in the student center. That was one part about my daily routine that I actually liked.

Instead of eating behind the old art building, we decided to eat inside. We convinced the others by telling them we actually had a table now.

"Wait, woah-" Gabbie was the first to walk in the newly organized room, "this place doesn't even look the same as it used to."

"That's the magic of spending three days cleaning and organizing," I come off as s little sarcastic. I've been hanging out with Scotty too much.

Mischief // S.S. AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara