30.

When David told us he knew how to get to the best parties in Chicago, he wasn't wrong. We had only just gotten here and I am overwhelmed. It's much like your stereotypical high school movie party scene: It smells strongly of alcohol and weed, there is smoke filling the air in every single room, loud music was blasting through the house, and many strangers were sexually dancing against each other while spilling the contents of their red solo cups all over them. 

I examined the front room a little more and couldn't help but notice Dom trying to flirt with some random girls. So that's where he has been this whole time

"I thought these kinds of parties only existed in movies," I admit to Scotty as he puts his hand on the small of my back and guides me to the kitchen. He moved quite fast as we weaved through the people. 

"I've been to a few like this in Hollywood," He shrugs it off like it's normal for seventeen year olds to be partying in Hollywood of all places. 

"Really?" I ask. Scotty nods his head before switching from my left side to my right. He made sure to keep his hand on my back as he moved, and managed to pull me closer to him by my waist. He almost looked like he was being protective of me. 

After Scotty finds the kitchen, he stands next to me by the bar. "Screwdriver?" He asked while grabbing some cups. I was going to accept, but after scanning all the options on the bar I shook my head no. "Its New Years Eve, I want something fun." I start picking up bottles to look at them. Kinky pink, Kinky blue, Lemonade, Smirnoff, Champagne, they had everything. I wonder how they had enough money to afford all this? 

"Alright, you like lemonade don't you?" He asked while switching the vodka he had with the pink Lemonade bottle next to all the chasers. 

"Yeah, it's my favorite." 

He bit his lip as he scanned the rest of the drink choices in front of him. He lifted up the Smirnoff bottle and waited for my approval with raised eyebrows. I nodded my head before he poured around a half of a shot of Smirnoff in the cup followed by some Lemonade. I was about to question why he only filled up half the glass but soon realized the reason as he opened up a can of sprite. 

"There's hardly any alcohol in it," I complain with a frown. It's New Years Eve, and I really wanted to have some fun. 

He shook his head and laughed at me as he topped it all of with Kinky Pink. "You never let me finish," He said before handing me the cup. "Try it."

I took a small sip and gave him a nod of approval. "Not bad," I tease. 

"I know I'm not as good at making drinks as Todd is, but give me some credit," He played along as he began making himself a drink. I turned around and leaned against the counter as I waited on him. It seems like the more parties I go to, the bigger they get; and this is definitely the largest one I have ever been to. 

I have no clue how David knows all kinds of people. It's a little weird how easily I trust my friend's sketchy tendencies, but I knew David wasn't a bad guy. 

Scotty finished his drink and protectively put an arm around me once again. "Let's go find people we actually know." We made our way back out to the living room and trailed over to our friends.

"So, what do you guys think?" Erin asked as soon as we joined the circle. 

"Of what?" I ask confused. 

"Matt and Meg!" Carly claimed like we were supposed to know what they were talking about even though we weren't around when they started the conversation. 

"Oh, I think it's great, but I'm also a little worried you know?" I knew they both really liked each other, and I also know they would be such a cute couple, but the distance would suck. They both lived over a thousand miles away from each other.