14.

As I walk up to Dom's house I could hear the music and cheers of people inside. Sarah had just dropped me off because David was helping set up and I wasn't ready when he picked up Scotty.

I gripped my bag tighter as I opened the door and let myself in. Thankfully, Gabbie was standing and talking to some guy I didn't know right by the door. "Do you need help with your bag?" She slightly shouted at me. "No, I think I'm good." She nods her head and turns her attention back to the boy in front of her.

I make my way towards the back of Dom's house and into the room I had stayed at last time. I sat the bag underneath the bed and headed back to where the party was at. My eyes searched the room for Scotty, but all I could see was Toddy flirting with a girl in the corner, David and Liza making jokes with one another, and a few people I didn't know talking to Zane and Heath. I decided to make my way towards them to investigate.

"-so then we were just sitting there with Matt, and all of a sudden-" one of the girls I didn't know was in the middle of telling a story as I walked up. She shifted her eyes to meet mine and stopped to smile and introduce herself. "Oh hi! I'm Erin, but right now I guess I'm a grunge zombie." She looks down at her outfit and refers to her costume. "Oh, you're always a grunge zombie." The girl next to her spoke. Her red haired was in a high ponytail, and she was also dressed as a zombie. "I'm Carly." She held our her hand which I accepted to shake.

"Hi, I'm Avery." Both of the girls gave me a warm smile and nodded their heads. "So you're the famous Coloradan." Erin spoke as if she already knew me. "I've heard a lot about you from everyone."

"Really?" I feel my smile grow. Does the gang really talk about me with other people? They nod their heads and click their drinks together. "Awwww." I tease Zane and Heath by pulling them into a small hug before pinching their cheeks. "Oh, come on." Heath pretending to swat me away causing everyone to laugh.

"You know you love me." After I finished the sentence I jumped at the sound of someone burping in my ear. "Lizzzaaa!" Zane said with a laugh. I turn around to see the small girl with a big grin on her face. "I'm not even drunk yet!" She claims and walks away. I shake my head at her shenanigans before I notice Scotty standing in the kitchen all by himself. I turn to the group to inform them that I'm going to get a drink and make my way over there.

"Hey there, Popeye." I tease him while reaching for a solo cup. "Come here for some spinach? I'm afraid the only green thing Dom has in this house is weed." He cracked a smile before leaning up against the counter across from me. "Well damn, it looks like I'm not going to be showing off my muscles anytime soon." I shake my head and laugh as I scan the table.

"I think I'm going to have to have some of this." I pick up the bottle of kinky blue and try a sip directly from the bottle. "That is not what I was expecting it to taste like."

"Why can't Dom ever throw a normal high school party?" Scotty asked. "You know, red solo cups, beer pong, quarters."

"Well we are capable of all of that, but I don't like beer. But this," I pick up the bottle of vodka, "is what I'm here for." I pour a few shots into the cup followed by a lot of orange juice.

"You know, I'm suprised we haven't had many kids knock on Dom's door trick or treating."

"Oh trust me, I wouldn't come to this house if I didn't know it was Dom's, either. Also what happened to no drinking?"

"Well, tonight I'm living more like Frenchy. She'd let loose." Scotty laughed at my remark.

"Im pretty sure that's just an excuse."

I was about to make up another excuse before Liza, or for tonight Kusco, interrupted. "Why is it you two are always in the kitchen by the alcohol? You trying to poison me?"