26.

It's now December, which means it's Christmas time. I don't care how old I am, the whole month of December will always be Christmas. There's nothing like walking through stores with friends to shop for each other or cuddling on a couch in a pile of blankets watching Elf and drinking hot chocolate. Colorado was always the perfect winter wonderland.

California, however, wasn't quite the same. I could still easily go Christmas shopping with friends and cuddle up on a couch to watch movies, but the weather was a mood changer. It's been seventy degrees the past two weeks, and I knew it wasn't going to change. I knew it never snowed here, but still got sad everytime Scotty mentioned it.

That's why I can't wait for New Years in Chicago. David has us all kinds of stories. The snow, the sears tower, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off have all been popular conversation topics the past few weeks.

I'm surprised Sarah is even allowing me to go to Chicago after our small argument. We talked it out after I got back from detention that Monday. I could be very childish when it came to arguments, but after sleeping on it I did see her points. We came to the conclusion that I had to get a job after Christmas break.

I had just gotten back from last minute Christmas shopping with Gabbie. I had almost forgotten that Meg was coming today, I was so excited that I almost peed.

"Shit, I missed you!" I scream as I hug my best friend tightly. She lets out a laugh before responding.

"I missed you too, my fave."

"You guys saw each other about a month ago," Sarah sasses us.

"Gabbie!" Megan let's go of me to ignore Sarah and attack Gabbie in a hug.

"How have you been?" Gabbie asked with a huge grin.

We sat there for three hours catching up with Meg on the couch. We even found out about her liking Matt.

"I wouldn't say I like him, I just think I have a small crush on him, is all," She defends herself.

"Oh silly Meg, that's the same thing!" Gabbie claims.

"Since when do you know anything about relationships?" I tease.

"For your information, I went on a Tinder date last week!"

"You did?" Meg and I both ask in unison.

"Yeah, but it didn't go to well.." She mumbles. "I'll save that for another time."

It wasn't long before word got around and people were showing up to see Megan. Those who didn't meet her in Colorado came to meet her now, and those who knew her were delighted to see her again.

We were all gathered around catching up with each other in my living room before Sarah came in with a bunch of boxes.

"What's that?" Matt asked with excitement.

"It's decorations! Candy canes, stockings, ornaments. All in these boxes." She sat them down on the ground and scoots them closer to us. "Can I have some help with tree, please?" Zane, Heath, Matt, and Scotty all got up to help while David, Todd, and Alex claimed to be too lazy or weak. 

We start opening the boxes and I couldn't help but smile. I pulled out all kinds of assorted candles. "Which one? Vanilla Bean Noel, Twisted Peppermint, Frosted Cranberry.." I named each individual candle as I pulled them out of the smaller box. 

"It's never ending!" Meg pulls out bells and begins to shake them with a bright smile. 

"Quick, someone put on some Christmas music!" I yell while beginning to light the Candy Apple candle.