19.

"I did not catch that bacon on fire!" Meg shoved my shoulder playfully. It's near five now, and all of us have pretty much forgotten about the whole Daniel situation.

"Hey careful! I'm making chocolate pie!" Meg and I have been talking about holiday memories that we have shared and have been answering questions that Matt keeps asking about our experiences. "And yes, I believe you did."

"No I didn't!" She protested once again. I just shrugged my shoulders and continued whipping up the cream.

"Ugh how much longer until dinner? I am starving." Meg gave up on trying to steal food about an hour ago when my mom threatened to cut off her tongue and use it for stew.

"If you want to set the table, now would be a good time." Meg and I knew just how my mom liked our table to be set, so we made our way to the dining room with the silverware and placemats in our hands.

"So do your parents just not care that you're spending thanksgiving here?" Zane asked Meg as we began to set the table.

"Not really, we don't do much. Shouldn't I be asking all of you the same question, though?"

"You do make a good point. He laughed before continuing, "It took a lot of convincing, but here I am."

"Yeah my Mom was kind of the same way." Matt joins in our conversation. "I had to beg ever since Avery brought it up."

"We don't even celebrate, we aren't from here." David seemed to always make people laugh, even when what he says is completely normal.

"Well I'm glad you guys came." I tell them as we start walking back to the kitchen. "I wish everyone could be here though."

"Except Dom." Gabbie adds in and everyone agrees. Dom was cool and all, but having him here would be hell.

"Alright folks." My mom clapped her hands together with a big smile. "Let's eat."

-

"I am so full." Zane claims right before taking another bite of mashed potatoes. "I just can't stop."

"Why would I do this to myself?" Meg refers to her plate that still had tons of potatoes and stuffing on it.

"If all of you are full we can just bring out the pie later?" My mom asked everyone. "It's only six, and I'm sure you guys will be hungry again, soon."

"That sounds like a good idea." I scoot my chair back and pick up my paper plate. We found it easier to use these to save us time on doing dishes, even though we still have loads of pots and pans to clean. "Thank you for doing this, Mom."

"Oh, it was nothing." She blushes at the compliment and tucks some of her hair behind her ear.

"No, really, Anne!" Gabbie speaks this time. "This food was incredible."

"You guys are too much." She shakes her head and stands up to pick up trash.

"It's nice that you're modest, but I think you deserve all these compliments." Meg tells my mom before kissing her on the head and helping her gather up trash.

"No no! You guys go ahead and have some fun, I can clean this up. It won't take too long."

"Mom, you just spent all day cooking. I think you deserve some rest."

"Really! It's no big deal." She gave me a soft smile and continued to clean. I knew she wouldn't let us help. She always does this.

"Okay, whatever you say."  I throw the trash that I already had in my hands in the trash bin and lead everyone up to the loft. "I wish she wasn't so stubborn." I plop down onto the bean bag and let out a sigh.