5.

The sun has set a long time ago, but we are still all lying on the blankets in the sand. Since we weren't in town, we could see the stars and constellations. We all pointed out the ones we knew, and David and Liza even made up their own. I was feeling very euphoric and tranquil. I don't know why, but it feels like I've known these people forever. They make me feel safe when I'm with them, even when we are doing things that aren't.

"Well kids, it's getting late." Heath interrupted the silence. "We should head out."

"Aw," I pout "I almost fell asleep."

"We should go do something." David said.

"It's nine o'clock, what are we going to do?" Matt spoke.

"We could go on a billboard?"

"I don't understand why you guys always want to put yourself into danger."

"It's fun." Scotty spoke up this time.

"It's deadly."

"That makes it even better."

"Guys I don't want to stop hanging out, but I'm worn out from swimming all day." Gabbie chimed In.

"Well, my parents are gone again."

"Scotty, why didn't you say so?"

"My parents are always gone. We can just set up something in the living room and watch Netflix or something."

"Pile In!!" Gabbie screamed from big red.
-

If was a little weird not being dropped off at my house, I'll have to admit, but there is no way I'm going home right now. I want to spend as much time with my friends as possible.

We're all standing in Scotty's living room trying to figure out the best way to build a blanket fort. Liza suggested hanging a sheet from the ceiling fan but none of us want to risk breaking it.

"Maybe we can just sit in the living room like normal people." Todd suggested. Everyone's stopped what they were doing to give the boy crazy looks.

"Are you kidding me?" Zane asked him. "We are a big happy family and we are going to act like one."

"Hey." Scotty said from behind me once again. "You know," I tell him, "you gotta stop sneaking up on me like that."
"Maybe, but for now I just wanted to point out that you're the only one not wearing pants."

I look down to see that he was right. I forgot to ask to stop at my house on the way here so I could change out of my swimsuit and Scottie's shirt. "Oh, oops." My swimsuit was still slightly wet and was making me uncomfortable. "I think I'm going to walk home real quick just to change."

"Wait," Scotty stopped me, "you could just borrow some more of my clothes."

"I would, but I doubt you have any bras."

"Yeah,  you're right." He admitted defeat. "Can I walk with you? It's dark."

"I can handle the dark, but please do. You can meet Sarah!"

He smiled and told everyone that we would be back because we are going to my house to get more clothes.

"Uh huh, 'getting clothes'" Zane said with air quotes.

"Oh shut it." Scotty said as he shut the door.

"I can't believe you trust them in your house alone. They're going to tear the place up."

"No. They're gonna catch it on fire."

"Sire and fire rhyme."

"It's because I'm fire."