Richard

It was a few weeks after me and Paul got married that we were doing a sound check and something went wrong. We all heard a noise that didn't come from us and we all layed down and after it was over we discovered someone messed with the rigging and I saw that it was shooting bullets at us.

We got up and I looked around and did a head count I counted five. I didn't see Paul. I walked over too him as did the rest of the band. I knelt down and noticed him and his guitar was hit. He was shot in the chest, and his head, the guitar took the third shot. Till called for help as I tried to put pressure on the shot to the head and chest.

I tried not to cry. We were in New York. I could feel his heart. I was glad he was still here sort of.

"Paul, hold on we are getting you help."

"Is he still alive?" Asked Till.

"Yes. I can feel his heart." I said.

Help came. I went with them and the rest stayed and helped with a investigation. I was scared. I was hoping he would make it.

I was waiting in the waiting room with the guitar Paul was sound checking with and it had a hole in the body. But, still played. The strings were not broken. I sat and played. I had blood on me and my clothes from Paul.

I was deep in music and thought when Till and Schneider sat next to me. "Find out anything?" Asked Schneider.

"Not yet."

"They cought the people responsible. I see Paul's guitar was hit too."

"Yes, he would have been hit three times had the guitar not caught the third shot."

The doctor came out to see us. "He is stable for the moment. He lost alot of blood. so, we had to give him blood. The shot to the head didn't go far it didn't hit his brain. We got it out. He does have a metal plate in his skull. The bullet injured the skull. The shot to the chest hit his left lung. He isn't breathing on his own. There was a third shot that hit near his spine. You may see him."

We walked into the room and I sat next to him. I put my hand on his and I cried. I felt so, bad. The doctor said he didn't know if Paul would make it. I was sad and so, was everyone else.