A War's Ending

~•~

She was falling into her own demise. Mikuo—who had watched the whole scene—was stumbling on his feet to go after her and catch her but—somebody else had done that job.

Rin dashed right ahead of him and caught her in her arms just in time that left everyone in surprise.

Afterwards, she knelt down and carefully cradled the injured girl in her hands, letting her take a few deep breaths to relax. Her red orbs then, slowly opened and widened when the first thing that came into view was the last person that she wanted to see.

"W-what? You..you caught me?" She mumbled confusingly. Her eyebrows furrowing in curiosity. "Why..?"

Rin smiled down at her. The way Zatsune saw it, she really looked like as if she was sent from above—an angel. "Well, after hearing your story—it seems as if we both weren't that different at all." She started. "You were forced to portray these feelings of hate, while I was forced to erase every little memory I've treasured—which caused me to become that emotionless doll. We both were led like this because of what our family had taught us—even though there was a better solution to fix all of this." She paused to gesture the war that had ended between them.

"We didn't have that much of a choice because we were only following what they told us to do. But, that's not just the whole thing why I did this." She stopped to brush a few strands of her black bangs off of her face to let her see more clearly. "It's because I know that there's still something good in you, Zatsune. You weren't completely bad as they all say. You were also scarred and broken. You also had pain—and nobody seemed to realise that because they keep seeing your parents' mistake. It's sad to say that I was one of them, too." Then she flashed her an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry that I never really got the chance to know you better, if I did—maybe we didn't have to go through this at all! And that legend won't be true as it was told." She chuckled and it somehow made Zatsune smile and laugh along with her. "I-I guess.." she muttered in reply. "Maybe I was too blinded by all the hate that I feel and it caused me to be—this." She added, and looked over herself and reminiscence her past mistakes.

But the blonde girl shook her head as a disagreement. "Maybe, maybe not. But whichever it is—this only proves one point thus far. That you are good inside." She stated as a bright smile ran across her face. And with just that bright smile, Zatsune has come to realise why she was the Princess of Solaria. She was like the sun. No matter how gloomy things might be—anything that she does makes the world a whole lot brighter.

She scoffed after that thought ran across her mind. "Sure. But it doesn't matter—it won't be that important since I'll be..gone—in a few more minutes, that is." She explained with a sad tone in her voice, almost as if she didn't want to leave and as if she was regretting to have done such things. And she is.

And then again, Rin shook her head. "That's not true." She stated. "Because you'll be remembered—I'll make them remember you. I'll make them remember that you are a good person. And I'll make sure of that." She insisted as she lifted her pinky finger in front of her that created a surprised expression on her face. "Do you really mean that?" She breathlessly asked, thinking how it was too good to be true.

And her answer had left her speechless and in tears.

"Of course, because I was the witness to all of that!"

And before she knew it, tears had already cascaded down her cheeks as a happy smile crept up on her face. "Thank you—thank you." She whispered as bits of her body was starting to fly away in a form of ashes. "You don't have to thank me," Rin complied, "you deserve it." And with only just that, Zatsune also raised her pinky and intwined it with hers—sealing a promise of the deceased.

Soon, her body was consumed by the specks of ashes and had left the world with a smile—a smile that nobody can forget.

They all watched as her ashes danced with wind, taking her higher and higher up into the sky before it all vanished completely.

Rin sighed in satisfaction as she stood up from her ground. When she turned around, she was met with faces that were filled with joy, happiness, and of course—tears.

"YAAAAAAY!" They all whooped and cheered as their claps resounded the whole room. The rest of the Royal Assembly ran after Rin and congratulated her on her success.

"Aw come on guys, it shouldn't just be me—all of you guys did your part, too! So you all have to be congratulated as well!" Rin exclaimed as a small laugh escaped her lips. "But this all wouldn't happen without you, Rin." Miku complied as she gave her a warm smile an a hug. "She's right! We couldn't have been like this without you choosing us!" Yonhee added as she also gave Rin a hug.

"And it's also because of your love to serve your people." Len insisted as he walked over to her and held both of her hands to intwine it with his. "Your love was stronger than any one of ours. You had the most powerful love that outnumbered all kinds of love. The love of eternity." He confirmed as he snaked an arm around her waist, bringing her closer to him and caressed her cheeks. "And you don't know how proud I am of you." He encouraged with a peck on her lips.

The Princess was flattered from all of their comments and it created a brush of pink across her cheeks. She smiled in satisfaction as she looked up at the pair of sapphire blue eyes that belonged to the love of her life. "Thank you, Len." She whispered before she returned his kiss back to him. "And thank you too, everyone." She said as she turned to see all of them grinning back at her proudly.

And afterwards, a huge celebration was held.

But, not before they gave their condolences to a person who had risked their life in order to save somebody else's.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Another chapter down and only one more to go. The countdown's drawing into a close!

This chapter was kind of rushed so I apologise if it wasn't that good as you guys were expecting. But I'll make sure to make it better at the last chapter; The Epilogue.

I'm finishing that up nice and quickly so you wouldn't have to wait any longer.

Just hold your horses.

~||•MxGy•||~