Chapter 4

Andy’s POV

I drove to the park to see guys and there girls sitting at a big picnic table. I get out of the car and unbuckled Tabitha and placed her back on my hip and helped Juliet out and taking the diaper bag. I hold Juliet’s hand and walk over to the picnic table. “Hey did Tabby miss her favorite uncle?” CC said giving his famous CC smile.

“No you’re her second favorite, I’m her favorite.” Ashley snickered.  Ashley playfully punched CC in the arm which made me laugh. I sat next to Juliet and Jake and I placed the bag on the ground and put Tabitha on my lap. Juliet gave her a stuffed elephant from the diaper bag. She smiled and hugged Juliet’s arm.

“Just too sweet…” I smiled as she looked up at me and I gave her a kissed her head. Tabitha really liked CC. He would always make funny faces at her and she would laugh hysterically. “Hey Tabby want to go hang out with Uncle CC for a bit?” I ask her as I hand her over to CC. CC looks at her for a minute and he started laughing. “What?” I say.

“Did you plan this out?” He asked me looking at our outfits. I laughed and nodded. Tabitha was still holding on tight to her little pink elephant. “What’s her name?” CC asked Tabitha. She looked up at him and didn’t quite understand, she just giggled.

Ashley smiled at Tabitha. “Tabitha girl, what are you doing hanging out with that doofus.” Ashley said looking at CC but he just smiled big at CC. Tabitha gave Ashley hug and then asked for her daddy back. I picked her up and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“So are you going to Nikki’s funeral?”  Ella asked me. I fidgeted with my hands which Tabitha found funny.

“I don’t think so… I would really stupid, I mean imagine me sitting next to one of her relatives? The guy that slapped the dead girl in the face! I mean… It wouldn’t be a smart move.” I say taking out Tabitha’s little black hoodie as the wind started picking up.

“I wouldn’t stop him though… but it would be very stupid, imagine how awkward THAT would be. But- I think Tabitha should say goodbye to her mommy.” Juliet said looking at Tabitha with a small sad face.

“Maybe we will go visit her grave sometime soon after the funeral…” I say, resting her on her knee. “But your right, she does deserve to say goodbye to her because as she gets older, she might come across as you as her mom if we never bring her up you know? Not saying that we will but you get what I mean.” I say.

I move Tabitha up so she could rest her head on my shoulder and rest for a bit. Jinxx laughs and I look over. “I don’t think she’s paying too much attention.” He said looking at her as she drifted off.

“Yeah… short attention span.” I joked stroking her small head. Jake snuck a photo of me and Tabitha and I realized it after I saw the photo on twitter. “Really?” I laugh. I look at the time at my phone. It was 20 minutes to 2. “Want to come over to my place and order a pizza or something?” I say as I felt the wind getting colder, making me shiver. The all nodded and we all stood up walking to our cars. I put the diaper bag in the back and Juliet held Tabitha. I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

***** TIME SKIP CAR RIDES ARE NOT AWESOMEEEE *****

I pull into the drive way and say tons of cars following my trail. I park the car and step out and pick up the bag again. Now it was just force of habit. Which I guess is a good thing. Juliet got out and got everyone who was already out of their cars inside. When I came in everyone was chilling out on the couch talking. Before I walk into the living room I grabbed the baby swing from inside the closet I roll it next to the loveseat me and Juliet sit in and I place Tabitha in it so she could stay down here with us while she slept. I gave her one more kiss and then turned my direction over to the guys.

“So what pizza should we get?” I say and there was a mix of different suggestions. “Holy crap.” I laugh. “How about we just get what we normal get?” I say and everyone nodded shrugging, knowing that would be much easier. I called the pizza place, ordering 2 large pepperoni pizzas. As we waited we talked about random crap.

“I think your girl over there is so nice and sweet, which is a surprise sense her father’s Andy.” Jake joked looking over at the swing. He winked at me and I smiled. The doorbell rang and I walked over with the money and a pen and answered the door. I paid for the pizzas and I shut the door. I placed the pizzas on the coffee table and everyone helped themselves. I wasn’t hungry though. I put in a Batman movie and we all watched together. Once in a while CC would say something hilarious like: Dude! Batman sounds like he needs pain killers or something! And we would all laugh our heads off. My parents still didn’t know about Tabitha… and tomorrow morning that’s what I would have to do…

The guys had left to go home and I had a phone call to make, just in case my parents decide to drop everything and fly to Los Angeles and go visit their son- and believe me or not, that happens quite often. I picked up Tabitha and walked her to her crib and placed her. “Good night baby.” I smiled and kissed her cheek and started to leave when she started to cry. I look over and she looked so sad. She missed me! I try it again, walk out the door, small whimpers and cries that I just can’t handle. I run over and pick her up and kiss her. “Do you want to stay with daddy?” I ask her. She lays her head on my chest, which I take as a yes.

I walk over to the home phone and call my parents’ house. After the first few rings my dad picks up. “Hey Andy how’s it goin?” He asks. I look for the right words and I finally respond.

“Hey Dad remember that girl I dated, Nikki Harper? Well uh- here’s a tale for ya. She died from a car crash about 3 days ago and she left behind a baby girl which the hospital confirmed was mine. She is 6 months old and her names Tabitha.” I finish leaning against the nearest wall. There was dead silence for a few seconds.

“You should be expecting us to come over to your house tomorrow.” He said. I could tell he was grinning by the sound of his voice. I smiled chuckling a bit.

“Pretty much what I expected…” I said shrugging my shoulders. “Anyways, I’m going to bed now, I guess I’m seeing you tomorrow.” I say smiling widely.

“Night.” He says.

“Night.” I say and put the phone down and I walk upstairs. I smile at Tabitha. “So you don’t want to sleep by yourself?” I ask her as I go in her room to get her footie pajamas. I pick a pair with a skull in the back. I put a black knit beanie on her head and lead her to me and Juliet’s room. I place her in her regular spot and I wait for Juliet to get out of the shower. She comes out and laughs.

“So little cutie wouldn’t go to bed I assume?” She smiled sitting on the bed next to the drowsy baby.

“Yeah, I tried leaving the room but she cried so I decided I would put her in her crib when she’s already asleep.” I say as I pick out a black V-Neck and Batman Pajama bottoms to wear to bed. I walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower. After I’m done I run a hand threw my hair to make it look normal and put on my pajamas. I come out and I sit on the other side of Tabitha who had passed out on the pillow. “Should I try and move her to the crib?” I ask Juliet who nods.

I pick her up slowly and quietly walk her to her nursery. I gently place her in the crib and she doesn’t even flinch. “Good night my little Tabby Cat.” I smile and walk out and back to my room. I lay back on the bed and I kiss Juliet before falling asleep. 

I just love CC and Ashleys little fights! I think that was one of my favorite parts about writing this book because you can litterally put it anywhere so yeah thats fun. And Next Chapter Andy's Parent's will be coming over YAY! So do you like the book so far? I hope you do. Anyways got to go! Bye!

- Jbon2001