Chapter 6

Andy’s POV

I pushed Tabitha’s stroller threw the grocery store. Juliet pushed the cart and grabbed things off shelves as quickly as she could so we could get out of here because nobody likes grocery shopping. Once in a while a baby would be crying a few aisles away and I would look over a Tabitha who was just like: Dude! STFU! Like calm it down. I would chuckle a bit but continue on following Juliet.

We soon finished the grocery shopping and we were out in the parking lot and we were loading in the groceries. I heard Tabitha blabbering about something but it was more like whimpers, her elephant was on the ground and she looked pretty sad. I turn around and pick him up and talk behind the elephant to make it seem as if it was talking. “Tabby! I was so worried that I would never see you again!”  I said and I put the elephant stuffed animal back in her arms and she smiled widely. She looked at the elephant smiling and she hugged it close. I pick up Tabitha and I fold up the stroller and roll it in the back. I shut the trunk and I walk to the second row of seats and open to door. I place her in her little seat and I shut back the door and I climb into my seat. She looked out the windows and smiled at her surroundings. I look over at Juliet. “Do you think that Tabitha will remember her birth mom?” I ask her. She looks at her hands and then back up at me.

“I don’t think so… but when she gets older you have to tell her because well that wouldn’t be fair… I don’t think she would be too upset or sad sense she has really known us for most of her life.” Juliet said turning around to look at Tabitha. “But at some point you have to take her to the cemetery.” She said looking back at me.

“You’re probably right.” I say as we turn onto our street and into the driveway. I get out of the car and pick up Tabitha. I open the trunk and carry a few grocery bags in. I walk into the kitchen and I set Tabitha in her high chair and walk back out to grab more bags. I came back in with the rest of the bags and saw Tabitha happily sitting and waiting patiently to get taken out. I pick her up and I kiss her chubby cheek and he smiles. My phone rings and I pick it up. “Hello?” I say.

“Hey Andy!” CC said, I automatically knew it was him, I don’t think anyone could mimic his voice.

“What up CC?” I say as Tabitha grabs a lock of my hair and plays with it.

“Jinxx, Jake, Ella, Ashley, and I are going to a restaurant tonight and we want you, Juliet, and Tabs to come along.” He says and I grin and I look over at Tabitha.

“Hey Tabby Cat.” I say and she looks up. “Do you want to hang out with your Aunt and Uncles tonight?” I say and she smiles and blabbers something. “She says yes.” I laugh “One down, one more to go.” I say and I look over at Juliet who is carrying the last bag in. “Hey everyone’s going to a restaurant tonight and they want us to tag along, do you want to go?” I ask her.

“Yeah sure.” She says as she starts taking out the groceries.

“We’ll be there.” I say as I start to help Juliet unpack the bags.

“Awesome see you at 7:30 and dress fancy!” He says and I laugh.

“I’m guessing that you’re going to wear something fancy too, it sounds outrageous to think that you would dress up.” I joke and I could her him laugh a bit. “Alright see you at 7:30. Bye.”

“Bye.” And I hang up.

“We have to dress fancy, do we have anything fancy for Tabs?” I say as I put away a few granola bar boxes.  Juliet stops and thinks.

“I think so… go check upstairs, if not, I will go run to Babies R Us, Dinners in 3 and a half hours… we have plenty of time if not.” She says and she finishes the last bag. I walk upstairs and I set Tabitha in the crib but I don’t bring the bar up. I walk to the closet and I look threw her clothes. I come across a black sparkly dress with black lace at the ends.

“Tabitha do you like this?” I ask her as I look threw her accessories to find a black lace bow. She doesn’t respond because I guess she doesn’t know how, she only smiles and now that just seems to be her neutral facial expression. I put the dress over my arm and I walk back down the steps. I find her on the ground in the living room and I sit next to her. “Hey Juliet, I found this.” I say as I show her the dress. She smiles and Takes the dress and puts it over Tabitha to see how it would look on her.

“I totally forgot I bought this for her….” She says laughing at herself a bit. “Yeah this will totally work.” She says. She takes Tabitha and sits her across from her. “I want to try to get her to talk.” She says and then looks at Tabitha who looks pretty confused. “Hey Tabby can you say Daddy?” She said smiling at me. She opens her mouth but closes it not really sure how to start the word. “Let’s try a different word- how about Mommy?” She asks her. This tie she tries but she mostly just makes the sound of an M.

“I want to try now.” I say and I turn Tabitha to face me.  “Hey Tabitha! Can You Say Dada?” I ask her, putting a lot of sound on each letter. She looked up and opened her mouth to try.

“Dada?” She says, looking up at me to see if she got it right. I open my mouth wide and I look over at Juliet who is just speechless. “Dada!” She says again. She stretches her arms and I pick her up, taking out my phone and opened Instagram. I opened the Instagram video and I started to record.

“Hey Tabby, what’s my name?” I ask her.

“Dada!” She squeals and I laugh ending the video. I made a caption saying: We got her to say one word: Dada! And I uploaded it. I immediately got tons of comments like: She’s so cutee! And that really made me smile. “Let’s give you a bath.” I say and I pick her up and Juliet followed. She kept making her say Dada which she would always say back. I undressed her and Juliet left the bathroom to get everything for her to wear.

I started the warm water and I put the plug in the drain, I put Tabitha in the bath and she squealed and started splashing the water lightly, not getting me wet at all. Juliet came back with the dress, little black dress shoes, black cat tights, and the black lace bow I left on the dresser earlier.

“I can’t believe you got her to say Dada!” She said in amazement. I laugh and put a pump of shampoo in her hair and she giggled while I responded.

“I guess she needed it sounded out.” I say and I scrub her head. She giggled and she continued to splash lightly. Juliet shrugged but smiled at Tabitha who was pretty much having the best time of her life right now. I rinse her head and I unplug the drain. Tabitha stared in amazement as the water flowed out of the tub. I grabbed the pink fluffy towel and I wrapped her in it.  I started putting the dress on her but Juliet stopped me.

“I got this.” She smiled. “You go get ready.” She said and I gave her a small kiss and I went to our room. I looked threw my closet to decide on what to wear. I picked up a black button down and some nice jeans with dress shoes. I undressed and I got myself into the clothes and I checked myself out in the mirror. I ran a hand through my hair and I put on my regular bracelets that I always had on. I look over to see the door open and to see Juliet carrying the beautifully dressed Tabitha, she looked like a princess.  I take her from Juliet’s arms so she could get ready.

“Dada!” She giggled. I rested her on my hip and I looked down at her.

“Hey Princess Tabitha.” I smile and I gave her a kiss. “You are so precious you know that right?” I ask her and she giggled shyly. About 20 minutes late Juliet came out wearing a black dress that wasn’t too fancy or too casual. She was wearing black high heels and a necklace that I got her awhile back.

“You look gorgeous.” I say and I give her a kiss. “You ready to go?” I say as I pick up my wallet and looked at my phone to find the restaurant address.

“Yeah, let’s go.”  She says and she walks down the stairs and outside to the driveway. I follow behind her and I walk over to the car and I place Tabitha in the back. I go into the driver’s seat as Juliet sits on the seat beside me. I had a feeling tonight was going to be a fun night.

Next chapter shall be the dinner at the resturant! Dude I was close to 2 thousand words so I had to wait till next chapter to write about the dinner- sorry xD But hey, thats the best part about writing the entire book and then publishing it- no waits. So yeah go on and read Chapter 7! I think you should because um... yeah xDBye!

- Jbon2001