8. Revelation (Part 1)

Demi texted me at ten the next day asking if she could come over. I said yeah. Then I waited. And waited.

I was scrolling through Instagram when there was a knock on my door. Demi came in with a small duffle bag, that I assumed had her clothes and whatever else she needed for tonight.

As soon as she saw me, she asked what I'd decided to do about my crush. She sat at my vanity, waiting for me to do her makeup, staring up at me.

"I'm gonna tell her when the timing is right." I pointed at the eyeshadow I was holding. "Are you sure you wanna start getting ready this early?" I asked.

"You're right, you're right. Okay, well, what are you gonna wear?"

I showed her my black, ripped jeans and studded boots. "And I was thinking this shirt," I added, holding up a Black Veil Brides shirt. "What are you wearing?"

She gasped. "That's gonna be so cool."

She got her bag and showed me her Incubus shirt with short plaid sleeves, black pants, with chains, and heeled shoes. "When will you even see her? How will you know when the time is right?" Of course she was still obsessing about this.

"I don't wanna talk about it. And I'll just know."

We spent the day hanging out, joking around as much as possible. It really felt like the old days, and it made me happy. But at the same time, it made me sad. I was afraid Demi would leave me again. And I knew it wasn't her choice to stop talking to me, but if I told her I loved her, how would she react? I planned on doing it later tonight.

But I didn't have to wait long. We got ready, still laughing about something I said, and we left my house.

When we got to Emo Nite, the place was packed with bodies, while Fall Out Boy blasted through hidden speakers. Demi grabbed my hand and we were dancing. She was so close, I could smell the shampoo she'd used, but I couldn't identify the scent. Her eyes were closed-or maybe she was just looking at her feet-and the smile on her face spread to mine. I took her hands, not wanting to lose her in the crowd.

The song suddenly changed to Panic! at the Disco and my hands were around Demi's waist. Why was I doing this? I wasn't gonna do anything until we left. Not while we were here!

But she didn't seem to mind, body swaying to the music.

After a long time, we ended up leaving. This was the greatest night of my life and very soon I would tell the girl I loved how I felt.

Demi pulled up in front of my house. She leaned over to hug me, and I accepted the hug, but asked if she wanted to come in.

She nodded and we headed inside. "Are you finally gonna tell me what you're doing about your crush," she asked playfully.

I could only nod as I led her to my room. She sat on my bed and seemed to wait for me to sit next to her, however, I stayed standing.

"What's up?" she asked.

I took a deep breath. "It's you," I said, making it sound like one word. "My crush... It's you, Demi. I love you."

Her eyes were wide and all I wished was that I knew what she was thinking. But something made me close the gap between us and I kissed her. She welcomed it and pulled me on the bed with her. Her tongue was teasing my lips and shirts came off. I felt her warm, soft skin under my fingers as we lay down. This was real. This was happening.

Kissing again, her hand grabbed my butt, pulling me closer to her. Her fingers danced over my skin, making it tingle wherever she touched. We were staring into each other's eyes, just touching.

"Tell me you love me," I whispered.