17. Fantasy

Demi insisted on driving, so we switched seats and she drove, our fingers laced together. After our kiss, I hadn't been able to stop smiling, but she couldn't either.

We ended up at her house, for the first time since we reconnected. She led me by my hand to her room. It was fairly simple in design, but it screamed Demi. The large, four-poster bed sat in the middle and she went to sit on the end, taking her sneakers off.

"Make yourself comfortable," she encouraged, so I took off my Chucks, tucking the laces inside, before setting them down.

Demi's hand reached out, grabbing my wrist and she pulled me to her. Falling down on the bed, our lips connected and fireworks exploded in my mind. Yeah, this was definitely better than the dream. Her lips moved slowly against mine and I didn't mind the slower pace. It was sensual, and I appreciated that.

Somehow she flipped me onto my back, straddling my hips between her legs, before bringing her mouth back to mine. My hands found their way to her hips and slid around to her lower back.

Our kisses quickened, deepened, and I couldn't help the small moan that escaped me as she kissed me harder. Her lips formed a smile and she pulled back a little. "You're so cute," she told me.

"You're cute," I replied. She bit her lower lip, embarrassed. "What?" I asked her, as she let me sit up. We sat on the bed, legs crossed, knees touching, holding hands.

"It's dumb," she said, looking down at our hands, still smiling.

"Come on, tell me." I gave her hands a light squeeze, and leaned over, kissing her.

"I don't know." She sighed. "I just never thought this would be reality, you know?"

"Neither did I. But this is real life," I said, making a reference to a line in one of her songs, In Real Life.

She smiled and let out a small laugh. "Good one." She leaned over and kissed me, making it last longer than the one of given her. She pushed herself forward, and we lay back. Our lips connected, moving in sync, and Demi's hand slipped under my shirt. She was on top of me, my arms around her neck, one leg wrapped around one of hers.

Her mouth moved down, trailing kisses down my neck, and I let out a little gasp. I felt her smiling as she continued to kiss me. But then she pulled me up, grabbing my shirt and pulling it up over my head. She frowned at me, seeing the apprehensive look on my face.

"I'm sorry. Do you not want to do this?" Her thumb rubbed small circles on the back of my hand.

"No, I do." I grinned, and lifted her shirt up. She grinned back, and pushed me down, kissing my lips again.

I wanted to keep this moment forever. It was everything I'd ever wanted, and it was finally happening, and it wasn't a dream this time. It seemed unreal that Demi liked me. I mean, she could date just about anyone, and it shocked me that she would want me.

Don't get me wrong, I was absolutely thrilled that she liked me and we were currently making out on her bed. Our bodies were pressed together as we lay side by side, breaths coming quicker, kisses faster. Her tongue teased at my lips and she gently bit my lip, pulling it between her teeth.

Finally, her fingers slipped down to my waist, finding the button on my jeans. I helped her kick them off and then we worked on getting hers off.

I was now on top of her, straddling her waist, her hands on the backs of my thighs.

She was breathing hard, kissing me fiercely, as her hands slid up my legs. Then they moved further up, and she slipped her fingers down. Stopping the kiss, she whispered, "You ready?"