27. Toronto (Part 3)

Demi's POV

After sound check, I texted Maia and told her to meet me back at the hotel. She said she was on her way so I waited for her in our room.

In the meantime, I went through Instagram and Twitter.

At one point, my phone started dinging nonstop with notifications. People were mentioning me and tagging me in their posts. I was confused at first because most of the images were grainy and I knew they weren't pictures of me. That's when I recognized something shiny on the girl's finger.

It wasn't just any girl.

It was Maia.

Kissing a guy.

People were saying how she was cheating on me and that she wasn't even into girls, but how could they know that?

However, it did look like she was kissing this guy.

Immediately, tears started falling and I locked myself in the bathroom. I sat on the floor, texting and calling Maia but she wouldn't answer.

My phone fell out of my hand and I started crying uncontrollably. This couldn't be happening. But why wouldn't she call or text me? Did that mean it was true?

I heard her come into the room, calling for me. I tried to stay quiet because part of me didn't want to see her. Although my nose started running and I sniffed which led her to my location.

After we talked, I believed her. That he had kissed her and she'd pushed him away.

Then we had to go so I could get ready for the show. I put on an excited face as Maia was showing me the makeup she'd bought, but part of me couldn't help but feel hurt. Hurt that Maia hadn't answered her phone to tell me it wasn't true.

She did my makeup, and I noticed her makeup was smeared. She'd been crying too?

When the end of the show came around, I was going to bring Maia out, but when I looked over to where she'd been standing, she was gone.

"I-I," I stuttered, not knowing what to say next. I'd wanted to show everyone that Maia and I were still together and that she wasn't a cheater. But she left before I could.

Well, plan B it is.

"Look, guys, I've seen the pictures floating around of Maia and that guy, but it's not real. Okay? Maia was trying to get away from him. So if you're going to accuse anyone of anything, don't accuse Maia of cheating. Accuse this guy of harassing the woman I love."

That little speech earned the loudest applause I'd ever heard. I just wished Maia had been there to witness it.