29. Nashville (Part 1)

Somehow my birthday landed on the day of Demi's Nashville show. March 28. She didn't have a show the day before, so she told me she had surprises for both days.

On the 27th, we were having a huge party, then the rest was a secret.

I was forced to stay behind at the hotel, however, for most of the day while the venue was set up for my party. Demi texted constantly to make sure I was okay and around one, I told her I was suffocating so she replied by telling me to walk around the hotel. I slipped on some pale pink sandals and took my phone and key card with me, shutting the door gently behind me. I glanced down at my phone, noticing Demi's "I love you" text and I was about to respond when someone bumped into my shoulder.

I made a shocked and scared sound while the guy-I could tell from the cologne-grunted. My eyes raised and my heart stopped.

"Maia!" He was way too excited. "Ya know, it's just been eating away at me that I never told you my name."

"So you followed us from Canada to Tennessee?" I wanted to make a remark about how he clearly had no life, but kept my mouth shut.

I started to walk past him, but he held his arm out. He wore a tight black shirt with faded jeans and dirt covered work boots. Why did he change how he dressed everywhere he went?

"Trevor," he said, as if I hadn't implied that he was a stalker. "Why are you by yourself again?" His head tilted to the side, face cocky. I rolled my eyes. "Come on, I bet I can make your day."

My eyebrows raised at his comment. "I wouldn't."

But he was grabbing my wrist, which put his hand dangerously close to my boob, since I'd folded my arms over my chest. He jerked me harshly, leading me to the elevator. I held in my remark until we got to the lobby. "Yeah, really made my day there, but I don't have time for this."

"Make time, Maia." He grabbed my hand, awkwardly squeezing my fingers together, and started pulling me out into the lobby. I tried to resist, but my shoes had terrible traction on the carpeted floor, and he was just too strong.

My eyes went wide. One, because of the terrifying tone his voice took, and two, well, I was basically being kidnapped. Then I remembered my phone was in my back pocket, however, I had to try to use my left hand to reach behind me and pull it out of my pocket. I almost had it, but we exited the lobby and my arm jerked, causing my fingers to grab onto my phone and pull it out, only for it to fall to the ground. I felt like I was watching in slow motion for a second as the corner hit the ground, making the screen crack a little, then it spun around on that same corner and landed facedown, most likely cracking it more.

Helpless, I let myself be dragged away by Trevor.