Chapter 1

- Disclaimer: This was written years ago and is no longer an accurate interpretation as to how I write. Chapter One of the revised version is out if you are interested in a hopefully better version of this book. I hope you enjoy :) <3  -

It was the first day of school. I stood in front of the mirror doing a once over to be sure everything looked okay. I was dressed in a white sweater and black skinny jeans with a few tears in them and some plain black sneakers. I threw my black backpack over my shoulder and went down the stairs.

I saw my two oldest brothers, Jackson and Justin. They looked through the arch that's between the kitchen and living room when they heard my footsteps going down the stairs. They both had dirty blonde hair and slender eyes. They were tan - nearly bronze - like the rest of our family. The only difference between the two boys were their eyes. Justin had blue eyes and Jackson had green eyes.

"Hey Brookie, are ya ready?" Jackson asked with a small smile. I shrugged.

"I guess." I said with a quiet voice.

"You don't sound too positive." Justin spoke up with a smirk.

"I don't really have a choice."

"True." Was all he said.

I heard loud footsteps coming down the stairs and saw Chase. He was older by a year and he looked most like me out of all the boys.

Chase has dark brown hair - like most people in our family, excluding the three oldest - that's always quiffed. He and I shared the same brown eyes. We both had plump pink lips that contrasted to the tan skin. His nose was strong and defined and mine was more subtle and calm but we both had a few freckles across it. And lastly we had dimples on both cheeks that appeared when we made the slightest smile. Though we looked similar, he still was 6'0 and I was 5'1. I was short even though everyone in my family was tall. All brothers were 6'0 or taller and even my mom was 5'8.

"Ready to go Brooke?" Chase asked as he ruffled my hair which made me slap his hands away and smooth my hair over. I gave him a nod. "Jax! Jason! Hurry up!" He yelled. That was when I heard much louder footsteps that were sprinting down the stairs.

"Sorry, Jax took my damn shirt." Jason grumbled.

"For the last time, Jason. It was mine! You just wouldn't know since you took it last year then hid it in your closet!" Jax argued.

"Bullshit and you know it!"

"Language, Brooklyn is in the room!" Jackson yelled. I sighed.

"I'm not five, Jackson." I said quietly.

He just ignored me though. Jax and Jason put on their backpacks and headed out of the house.

I rocked on my feet and I gave my brothers hugs and walked with Chase over to his car. I would drive to school but my brothers are against me getting my license. Chase got in the driver's seat while Jax sat in the back and Jason sat up front. I got in the back and waited for the car to move.

"Are you gonna move to the back?" Chase asked Jason as the car began to leave the neighborhood. Jason laughed.

"Why in the hell would I do that?" Jason said, ignoring what Jackson said earlier about not cursing.

"We're picking up Kyle." Chase replied.

"Okay... And?"

"Kyle is too big for the middle seat,
Which means Brooklyn would be squished up next to him." Chase explained. Jason was quick to reply.

"Oh, yeah then I will. When we get there."

"You guys! I'm not a baby anymore!" I yelled in protest. "He's my friend!"

"And I'm your best friend so be quiet and be happy." Jason said as a joke but there was some seriousness to it.

We pulled into Kyle's driveway and Jason got out. I moved to the middle seat and was soon sandwiched between the two identical boys. The only difference between them was Jason has a dimple on us right cheek and Jax has a dimple on his left. But besides that, they were both 6'2, tan, dark brown hair, light brown eyes, strong features, and they also sported the same lips as me and Chase.

Kyle made the car sway, just like the other boys, when getting into the car.

"Hey Robins. Little Robins." He said the first part to my brothers and the last part to me.

"Hey Ky." I said with a smile. Kyle was my closest friend and the only boy my brothers let me talk to and hang out with. The only reason I am allowed to hang out with him is because we have been friends since I was five and he was six and if they didn't let me I would have freaked out.

The whole car ride was filled with the boys talking about football and I just sat and watched the scenery through the window of the car. When we finally pulled into the school parking lot, I got of the car and before I could pick up my backpack, Kyle picked me up as if it had no effect on him.

"Long time no see, Brooke." He said with a smile as he sat me on the ground. "Have you grown?" He teased.

"I wish." I sighed and rolled my eyes, throwing my backpack over my shoulder.

"But you're cute and tiny." He laughed and I blushed. I always blushed when I get teased since I feel awkward.

"Evans, don't flirt with my sister." Chase said as he closed the trunk after getting his back pack.

"I'm not flirting. Look! She is cute. She's like a puppy." Kyle laughed once again and pinched my cheeks like an old lady does to a baby.

"You better not be." Jax mumbled. My brothers walked away to their group of friends that Kyle was usually in. Kyle stayed by me though.

"Are you sure you didn't grow in cup size or something though? Because I swear you look different." He said casually as once again, my cheeks turned red. I was never good at talking about this stuff because I only had brothers, but it was normal for Kyle since he had two older sisters. He had a younger brother though so he wasn't completely alone.

"I don't think so." I said but it sounded like a question.

"Your cheeks get so red." He laughed. I just look down.

"My cheeks have a natural blush." I try to defend myself.

"Your cheeks are naturally pink, not red. I've known you forever Brooke, I know you." He said as he poked my rib with my finger and caused my body to contort.