Chapter 16

Kyle was the first one to know. Obviously. I spent the night at his house after what happened with Blake and told him everything.

  "You know, it took a bit longer than I thought it would." Kyle sighed and leaned back on his bed frame.

  "What?" I asked cluelessly.

  "Yeah, with how much of a player Blake is and how much you guys were hanging out, I would have assumed this would have happened a long time ago." Kyle explained. Of course he thought this would happen. "Speaking of which," he sat up and started putting his sneakers on, "Blake is on his way," Kyle flashed me a smile and headed towards the door.

  "Woah, wait, what?" I blinked as I chased after him. He sighed and turned around to face me.

  "Tell me, Bee, how long were you gonna wait to talk to him again?" He leaned down to my level. I sucked on my cheek and focused on my polka dotted socks.

  "I didn't think about it." I mumbled but Kyle scoffed and tapped my chin to tell me to look at him. I did and was met with a smirk.

  "Yes you did. I've been friends with you since we were 5, Brooklyn. When were you gonna try to talk to him again?" He stared at me with an eyebrow raised.

  "I thought I could just avoid him." I sighed. Kyle's smirk turned into a sweet dimpled smile.

  "Exactly," he tapped my nose, "that is why I'm going to go have lunch with a cute blonde while you are goin to spend time with Blake. Sorry, but this is for your own good." He said. I rolled my eyes at his cheesy line.

  "That's so mean! I don't want to be left alone with him!" I whined.

  "You kissed him, I'm sure a small part of you at least doesn't completely hate his guts. I'd say you actually like him but you'd pinch me." He looked kinda sad as he finished his sentence.

  "No I woul-" His finger set on my lips.

  "Yes you would. Love you, bye!" He said and ran down the stairs and out the door before I could reply. His long legs had one hell of an advantage compared to my short legs. He could get down the stairs and out the door faster than I could reach the middle of the stairs.

  I sighed and went down to sit on the couch and wait. I did everything I could to calm my nerves. I twiddled my thumbs. I cracked my knuckles. I tapped my fingers as well as my feet. I picked my lip. I counted to 10. Nothing helped. My anxiety peaked when there was a knock. My eyes widened and I just sat there for a few seconds until the knock rang through the living room again.

  I opened the door and Blake stood there calmly. I just stared at him.

  "Can I come in?" He laughed at the end. Blake was laid back - as usual - and my anxiety was buzzing - also usual. I didn't answer but moved out of the way. He stepped and spoke again, "so we need to talk about what happened obviously."

  My eyes widened once again and before either of us knew what was happening, I bolted up the stairs. He called after me but my little legs carried me quite the way, faster than they had ever moved before.

  I found myself in Kyle's room, sitting on his bed. Blake walked in with his eyebrows raised.

  "Brooklyn... are you okay?" He asked while slowly approaching me.

  "Yeah..." I scratched the back of my arm.

  "Okay.... Well we need to talk about this, alright?" He sighed and sat at the foot of the bed.

  I only nodded and he took a deep breath.

  "Okay, so. You're the only person that I've kissed that I wasn't planning to screw," my eyes widened and he saw my worried look, "sorry, but I'm just stating facts. Anyways, you're also the only person I've really told my past to - I hate people and I hate sharing so that's rare. I also don't only like you for your body or face, even though as I've mentioned many times, those are great too." He laughed and I glared at him, "Right! Sorry got off topic, okay so I was wondering, if I could take you out to lunch. Like a date, I guess. I don't date girls, and I don't usually actually like girls, so this is a big deal and is just as weird for me as it is for you. So what do you say?" He finished cooly. He said it was weird for him but it looked natural and easy for him.