Chapter 2

Kyle walked with me to my locker trying to calm my nerves a bit before school officially started. I had him in a few of my classes since I was in advanced classes. I'm in tenth grade, Chase and Kyle are in eleventh, and Jason and Jax are in twelfth, however we all have birthdays earlier than other kids in our grades.

I opened my locker and put the heavy textbooks in except for math and chemistry books.

"Brooklyn, calm down." Kyle said gently.

"I am calm." I replied.

"No you're not. Your shoulders are tense and you keep blinking a lot when you look at me, you do that when you're nervous." He said with a sympathetic face.

"No I don't." I lied. He gave me a look. "Okay so maybe I'm not calm but what can I do? You're only in four of my class, and Chase is in one, and then for my other three classes, I won't know anyone." I said, beginning to let my panic show. "Oh my god, I don't even have lunch with you or Chase!"

"Yes you do." He said with a confused look.

"I do? Oh! I was thinking of last year." I said quickly. My mind was all jumbled since I was letting myself panic.

"What's your schedule?" He asked. I dug through my backpack and found the paper on the front of my binder. He read over it a bit and pulled out his phone as he compared multiple other schedules to mine. "Ah, okay. You are with Chase first hour. Then you have me for third, forth, fifth, and sixth, plus lunch. Then for third and seventh hour you have classes with Blake Anders. Aren't you guys friends too?" Kyle asked.

Blake Anders. I knew him. But we weren't friends. He was friends with all my brothers, but he never even looked at me. I didn't mind though, I wouldn't be allowed to talk to him anyways. All I know is he is close with my brothers, knows basically all the girls, and is attractive. But that didn't mean anything, Kyle was attractive too. They were both attractive because they had good faces and that's all.

Blake had jet black hair and intimidating light blue eyes but they were always softened by thick eyelashes. His eyes were framed with dark full eyebrows. He was tall and built and had broad shoulders that made him look bigger than he was. He had a strong jawline and chiseled cheekbones that complimented his lips that were always curved into a smirk and showed his white teeth. He was one of the boys who was stylish when he wanted to be and comfy when he wanted to be. He wore leather jackets and skinny jeans with combat boots but he also would wear sweatpants and a simple T-shirt and sometimes wear vans and jeans with hoodies underneath a denim jacket, if he wanted to he'd come wearing a clown suit. I lost my train of though when I remembered Kyle asked me a question.

"We're not friends, but I know him." I say as Kyle starts to walk me to math.

"Well that's not too helpful. I could tell him to talk to you?" He suggests.

"No it's okay. Besides, my brothers wouldn't let me anyways." I say as I shrug my shoulder and look up at my 6'6 friend. We got to the classroom and were just standing outside of the door.

"But they're friends with him. They let you talk to me."

"They only let me talk to you because we've been friends since we were kids. That doesn't mean they like us being friends."

"But they like me. I thought they did." Kyle says, confused.

"They do, but them liking you is different from you being my friend. My close friend. They don't like that part of it." I explain. He nods his head when the five minute bell rings.

"Bye Brookie." He says and kisses my forehead and runs down the hall to his class.

I begin to walk through the door and notice my brother is next to me. Math is my worst subject and the only class that I don't have with juniors. Math is also Chase's worst subject so he was bumped down to math with sophomores.