Chapter 17

I woke up at 12, initially I was panicked but soon calmed down after realizing my brothers were gone. They were looking at cars for Chase since he had recently gotten his license and has gotten tired of driving a beat up brown and rusty car. Then after, they claimed they had some business to attend to, which is no doubt a party.

I spent most of the day cleaning around the house since it has always been a charm at passing time. When I finished cleaning the house it was 5 o'clock which was a perfect time to get ready.

I put on a gray T-shirt and some jeans with the same beat up sneakers I've been wearing for two years. My hair went up into a ponytail and that was it. I don't wear makeup since I don't own any, however even if I did own makeup, I'd never use it. I'm no good at makeup.

  Due to my procrastination, by the time I finished getting ready it was already 6. I ran to the living room and checked out the window but shook my head when I realized that he'd most likely not be here exactly at 6.

  A few minutes later, the bell rings and I jump up, not even aware that I was this excited. When I opened the door, Blake stood there with a relaxed smile.

  "Are you ready?" He asked, already knowing the answer, and he moved over to let me pass.

  "Yep! Are you by any chance gonna tell me where we're going?" I gave an exaggerated grin.

  "Nope. It's only a few minutes away." He held the door of his car open and I thanked him as I slid into the passenger seat.

  "But surprises aren't fun," I whined.

  "Well that sucks for you, because you are gonna get two." He taps my nose causing me to flinch. I whined and kicked around for emphasis but he just laughed and drove to the mystery destination.

  When we pulled to a stop, I looked up from my torn black jeans and saw the bright flashing lights of the state fair.

  "I haven't been here for years!" I was quick to get out of the car.

  "Who doesn't love the fair?" He laughed.

  "My dad. But he didn't love his own kids so..." I made a joke. Blake looked at me with wide, worried eyes but I shook my head, "no, no it's a joke." Kinda. He nodded unsurely but nonetheless guided us to entrance.

  He bought the wristbands which gave you unlimited rides even after I complained they were too much.

  "What first?" He asked after helping me snap the bracelet on my wrist.

  "Um," I tapped my chin and spun around while looking at all the rides, "that!" I cheered and pointed to the ride where you stand against a padded wall and get spun.

  "Those hurt," he whined but still followed me.

  "But they're fun!" I argued with a giggle.

  We showed the man standing in front of the ride our wristbands. Once we were let in, I went to the furthest "seat" and strapped the flimsy fabric over my waist.

  "Blake, strap in before it starts!" I scolded him.

  "I'm not gonna get hurt." He laughed lightly and rolled his eyes. 

  "I will slap you," it was an empty threat. He put his arms up in surrender and secured himself in just before the ride started.

  It spun for what felt like forever, and the speed caused my head to be stuck to the side of the ride. When it finally slowed, Blake unstrapped himself before it came to a complete stop.

  "You're gonna kill yourself one day!" I yelled at him.

  "Okay, Babe," He said the nickname out of habit but it always caught me off guard. "What next?"