Chapter 26

I jumped awake when I remembered I was allowed to hang out with Blake. Sure I had done it before, but never with their approval. I was in a particularly giddy mood today while my brothers were pretty pissy. After getting dressed and ready for the day I texted Kyle on the phone that was still hidden from my brothers and asked when we'd head out.

We planned on going out to breakfast and then hanging out with Blake afterwards. For a while, I had no idea what I wanted to do with Blake. That was until I remembered the deal Blake made with me. He said he'd try to be a model and I'm gonna make sure of it.

  I shared my plan with Kyle during breakfast and he had an evil little grin etched onto his face while thinking about the irritation Blake will respond with. Kyle then made the joke that if Blake goes through with it then 'he's a keeper for putting up with all this bullshit'.

  We left to pick up Blake after Kyle did research on modeling agencies and it wasn't at all hard to find options in the middle of Florida. Neither Kyle or I told Blake until we pulled into the front of a studio and at that moment, Blake figured it out.

  "Brooklyn, what the fuck are we doing here?" He sent me a glare with his icy blue eyes.

  "Don't get your panties in a twist, we're just getting an application." I giggled at Blake's sour face.

  "I thought you would've forgotten." He mumbled under his breath.

  "Well you thought wrong." Kyle said through a laugh, still enjoying Blake's misery.

  Not long after we went inside, Blake asked for the application bitterly and was muttering words to himself under his breath.

  He stood up with a scoff to return the papers but was stopped by an older man with graying hair.

  "Are you looking to be a model?" The man asked Blake with a quirked eyebrow.

  "Yeah..." Blake drew out unsurely. The old man grew a smile.

  "We're doing some test runs in the back anyways and I wanna see how you'll do in front of a camera. I'm Jared, I'm the top photographer here." He smiled and stuck his hand out. Blake feigned kindness and shook his hand. "What do you say?" The photographer asked.

  Blake looked over at me and Kyle with a questioning look. We both nodded frantically and large smiles on our faces. Blake once again faked a smile and nodded at Jared.

  "Your friends can come with." Jared added kindly and turned around to go back into the room. Blake turned around to us and he shook his head with a deadly glare. But Kyle and I just got larger smirks and nodded just to mock him before we followed him. Blake flipped us off and groaned.

  Jared turned on a series of studio lights and his camera which probably costs more than my life. He guided Blake's poses while me and Kyle snickered in the corner like 6 year olds. The laughing didn't stop when the photographer asked Blake to take off his shirt.

  "Wait, what?" Blake tried to mask his embarrassment with confusion but I saw right through it.

  "Our agencies get deals with all sorts of brands. You could be a simple model in a clothing store, on the cover of Vogue, or a swimsuit model." He explained. Kyle and I choked back a laugh.

  Blake's olive skin had a pink tint to it as pulled his shirt over his head. Kyle wolf whistled just to increase Blakes discomfort. Blake's jaw clenched and he pointed at me and Kyle with a stern glare.

  "Stop." He spat. Our laughs grew. Eventually I tried to stop my laughing but it would only come back when I listened to Kyle's laugh. I slapped his arm while taking deep breaths. At this point I wasn't too sure as to what I was laughing about. The only thing I found entertaining was the embarrassment that Blake rarely felt.

******

  "You guys are fucking assholes." Blake snapped once we were in the car.

  "Are you gonna try and tell me that it wasn't funny?" Kyle defended.

  "Yes!" Blake whined.

  "You did good. He liked you." I rubbed his shoulder from the backseat.

"You better hope he does, otherwise you're gonna be a model alone." Blake mentioned the other end of our deal.

"I'm not gonna be a model, Blake." I rolled my eyes.

"You're gonna fucking try. I went to that damn place, you better keep your promise." He said jokingly but there was a tinge of seriousness.

"I said I'm not gonna be one, not that I wouldn't try. It's just not gonna happen." I shook my head.

"Let me dream." Blake exaggerated.

"Everyone dreams. Some dreams just don't come true."

"Well not if you talk like that." Blake said bitterly.

  Without a moments hesitation from his prior statement Blake said he was hungry. When Kyle tried to ignore him, Blake reached over trying to grab the wheel which resulted in Kyle giving in and swerving to the next exit so we wouldn't die.

  "You're paying." Blake said quickly as he jumped out of the car and ran towards McDonalds.

  "Why in the hell would I do that?" Kyle questioned with furrowed eyebrows and helped me out of the car.

  "You guys embarrassed me." Blake's voice went several octaves higher and he shook his body to show his discomfort.

  "Such a child." Kyle mumbled in what seemed to be disgust as he walked through the doors to pay for the food that Blake had most likely already ordered.

—————