Chapter 19

A week passed and nothing was different. Jason hadn't uttered a single word to me and my brothers watched over me like a hawk. I did go to the mall with Kyle and Blake which resulted in them buying me shorts - against my wishes.

I sat down at the table in Culinary as the minute bell rang. Just before the final bell sounded, Blake bursted through the door out of breath with a busted lip. He casually walked through the classroom and took his seat next to me.

"What the hell did you do?" I yanked his chin so he'd face me.

"I fell." He muttered but failed to keep eye contact with, indicating he was lying. I continued to examine his lip.

"Bull." I stared him dead in the eye with an eyebrow slightly raised.

"I got into a fight." He drew out, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

"Why? With who?" I asked frantically. I was upset with him only because I know my brothers would use it as a reason to stay away from him, but I was also confused as to why he got into a fight. He was a "bad boy", sure, but he only got that title by not caring. He didn't get that reputation by fighting, he got it by getting punched then walking past his attacker on multiple occasions.

"I won, I'm fine." He gave me a weak smile which did nothing to help his case. I crossed my arms.

"That's irrelevant. Those are not answers to the questions I asked, Blake." I gave him a light glare. I heard him mumble under his breathe but couldn't make out a single word. "Speak up, babe." I didn't notice what came out of my mouth until his head snapped up with a smirk.

"I like that, you should use it more often." He had a cocky smile spread on his lips.

"I'm never gonna use it again if you don't answer my question." I mocked him with a smirk of my own. He threw his head back and groaned.

"Axel."

"And why?" I cocked my head.

"He keeps on talking about your face and body." Blake muttered but wouldn't look at my face. His cheeks were a light pink and a smile was on my face due to the amusement I found in this situation.

"Aw, you're jealous." I teased him while I pinched his cheek. He smacked my hand away.

"I know." He growled. "I'm not supposed to actually like people, so when I screwed girls before I didn't care how he talked about them. But I actually care about you and now I'm confused and shit." He grumbled. I giggled.

"Sorry. I'm just so likeable."

"I know! You need to stop." Blake's voice was mostly filled with a joking tone but there was a slight edge of seriousness. I felt bad for him and his conflicted self so I have him a weak side hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"It's okay, Blake." He grinned at me but I could still see he was irritated. "It's cute." His grin fell and he glared at me. He pushed me off of him.

"I'm not cute. I'm sexy." He defended himself but I saw his smile fighting to get to his lips.

"That too." I shrugged.

Mrs. Carter finally entered, late as always. Just before she began the lesson for today, a few announcements went through the speakers.

"Will the following students please come to the office," one of the ladies in the front office spoke into the mic. Blake stiffened up, thinking he was gonna get in trouble, "Jonah Smith, Mia Thompson, Grace Delauris, Brooklyn Robins, an Tina McBride. Thank you." And a click sounded throughout the school, signaling the announcement was over.