Chapter 30

The simple question of "do you want to go to the movies," excited me to no end. My brothers asked if I wanted to go with them, Kyle, Blake, and a few other boys from their "group". The amount of fervor in my nod should have cause whiplash.

"Get ready, we have about 30 minutes til we leave." Chase nodded, signalling me to start getting ready now. My brothers weren't the happiest to have me join, mainly because there would be boys. But there are gonna be boys for the rest of my life, no matter what they do. Especially considering they themselves are boys.

I pulled on jeans - like usual, but the twist in my outfit came when I decided to wear a maroon cropped halter top. The color was a usual occurrence in my wardrobe since I never liked bright colors since they drew too much attention to me. Though this was very 'risque' for me, not much extra skin was shown besides my shoulders, yes it was cropped but not enough to show my stomach. Even though this would be considered modest by many of the girls my brothers are attracted to, my brothers hated how much skin I was showing.

"What are you wearing?" Jason's eyes narrowed mainly out of worry as opposed to irritation.

"What's wrong with it?" I looked down innocently. Chase and Jax walked in, scowling at how revealing it is. "I could always wear shorts?" I gave an empty threat, but I still had to mess with them.

"You know what, I think that outfit is great." Jason lied but there was no way in hell he would let me wear shorts. I didn't mind though as there was no way in hell I would want to.

"We have a problem." Jackson walked out to the living room with his neck craned down to look at his phone. From the tone of his voice, the problem was minor, but a minor problem that involves more than 8 people is never easy to solve.

"What is it?" Cole jogged down the stairs, giving me a strange look before continuing his way to Jackson. Within a few seconds, all of the older brothers were huddled around the phone.

"No." Alex muttered, to who I am assuming was Justin, since Justin was slapped outside the head.

"Are you guys gonna let us in on the conversation or..." Chase asked on behalf of himself, Jax, Jason, and I.

"Well 16 people are going and only four are willing to drive." Jackson continued to tap his screen.

"You, Kyle, Bradley, and Mason, right? You Bradley, and Mason both have 5 seats. Kyle has 4-" It was of the few times he actually spoke and poor Jax got cut off.

"The numbers aren't the problem, it's who's going in which car." Jackson sighed.

"Still don't get the problem." Jason shook his head.

"Brooklyn can either go in a car with a bunch of people she doesn't know, aka boys she doesn't know and frankly boys I don't trust." Jackson answered. "Or she could go in a car with Kyle who I do trust. Barely. But he is carpooling with Blake." Chase, Jason, and Jax made an 'o' with their mouths while nodding slowly. I had already thought of countless ways that this could be resolved, but I didn't want to spoil chances of being with Kyle and Blake.

"It's really not a big deal, it's just a car ride." I crossed my arms. My statement got me incredulous by every one of my brothers. I put my hands up in mock surrender.

"It's an hour away." Alex said.

"Why the hell is it an hour away? There's one just around the corner." I threw out my arm, gesturing behind me for emphasis.

"But this one's cool." He whined. "It has the leany-back chairs, and people that bring you food!" His sad pout then turned into a smile while thinking about the 'cool features', which included the so called 'leany-back chairs', of the theater. The theater was an hour away. A small smile graced my lips as I shook my head.