Chapter 7

The rest of my night was uneventful and I just drew some pictures and started to reread a book that I have already read 4 times.

Math was boring but Chemistry was fun since I had it with Kyle. I also remembered to mention to him the fact that I was gonna go to the party. He was pretty excited.

"Wait, you're gonna go?" Kyle asked with joy.

"Yeah, Blake basically made me." I huffed, trying to forget about the moment in detention.

"You're not a little uptight bitch anymore." Kyle praised. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Um, what?" He ignored me and continued his little rant of excitement.

"Little good girl gone bad."

"Um, no-" He cut me off before I could finish.

"Okay as much fun as this will be, please don't become a slut." He demanded but I put my hand up to make him stop talking.

"It's one party that I still don't really want to go to. I'm not automatically a 'bad girl' and to be fair, I was never a 'good girl' it's just basically impossible to anything wrong with my brothers around." I try to defend myself.

"So maybe not bad girl, but now you've got a little bit of rebellion. And you're a good girl, yes they're strict but you still never chose to sneak out or try to drink or anything." Kyle explained.

"That's just me not being dumb."

"Brooklyn, you're a good girl. That's okay. Good girls are cute anyway." He said with fake sympathy before laughing. Before my response left my lips, the bell rang and he left.

I made my way to world studies where we discuss things about our project with partners. The teacher said the project was to be done at home but discussion and planning was okay at school.

I sit down at my desk and start to pull out my notebook and few different colors of pens.

"Hey little Brookie." I was disrupted from my actions when a finger tapped my nose. I glared at the one and only person who would've done it. Blake. "Come on, don't be so sensitive."

"I wasn't." I said shortly while trying to find an empty page in my journal.

"Yeah, Okay." Blake said with a chuckle. The final bell rang and the teacher told us that we are just gonna talk to our partners today.

"Did Jackson call you?" I asked nervously and Blake laughed at my question.

"Yeah." Was all he said, clearly bored with the conversation.

"What did he say?" I asked, trying to mask the annoyance in my voice.

"Something about him 'kicking my ass' if I lay a finger on you or something." Blake responded, I could tell he was annoyed due to the attempt of a threatening phone call from my brother. "So do you have a dress yet?" Blake asked.

"Oh. No. If I got a dress they'd question me. I never wear dresses." I said quietly.

"Just tell them something about it makes you feel pretty or some sappy shit." Blake shrugged.

"You don't realize how strict they are. I'm gonna take it back home, they'll ask to see it on me, and then they'll decide if it's showing too much skin." I roll my eyes.

"Hey, you're sixteen. You didn't use to, but now, you have boobs and a big butt. You're curvy, they can't just mask it forever." Blake said simply while I tried to hide the redness of my cheeks.

"They'll try. By the way, if I'm going to this dumb party, you better be sure they get out of the house. They check on me like every hour."

"Brooklyn, they go to all parties, they're gonna be there. As I said: makeup and heels."

"I don't have makeup, nor do I have heels. And they'll get suspicious when they see a girl wearing the same dress I just got." I explained to Blake.

"Okay.... My sister works at a salon, she can get your makeup done so you don't spend 500 dollars on all that overpriced fancy makeup stuff," Blake started, disgust in his voice when thinking about the prices of makeup, "and have Kyle take you shopping and I'll meet you there."

"One, it's gonna take a lot of begging to get my brothers to let me hangout with Kyle by myself. Two, how am I gonna get them to not notice when I disappear for two hours when getting my makeup done." I fold my arms.

"Well then get ready to be annoying and persistent when asking them. Plus my sister can just stop by as soon as you're alone." Blake said calmly while I was freaking out.

"If I get caught, it's on you." Was all I could say to try and calm my nerves.

"Okay." He laughed while I continued my internal panic attack.

—————