Chapter 13

When I woke up, I was under covers and I had a headache. I ignored it and just ran downstairs to get an apple for breakfast before I quickly ran back upstairs to avoid anyone.

I wore black torn skinny jeans which I've worn countless times before but I wore a shirt that was a bit more tight than usual. I never really wore it due to the fact that it was tight and my brothers probably won't care since it really doesn't show much skin, but it was a big step for me considering I usually wore baggy shirts. I just put on my white converse and decided I would walk to Kyle's house.

  After walking for five minutes, as he lived around the block, I knocked on his door and was greeted by one of his sisters who had yet to move out.

  "Brooklyn, hi!" She greeted as she pulled me into a tight hug. I pat her back awkwardly.

  "Hi, Maggie." She pulled back and looked at my face.

  "You've gotten so beautiful, look at you!" She squealed again. I let out an awkward giggle.

  "Thanks." I mumbled hoping that Kyle would hurry.

  "So, how ha-" She began but was cut off by her little brother.

  "Oh. Hey Brooklyn, what's up?" He asked while walking over to the door.

  "I'm not riding with my brothers so could you take me to school?" I asked with a cheeky smile

  "Yeah, sure. Let me get my backpack really quick." He ran up the stairs loudly and I could hear him marching around upstairs before I heard the footsteps coming back down the stairs. 

  "Let's go! Bye Maggie." He said quickly and we headed to his car.

I was buckled in the passenger seat and Kyle got into the driver's seat which was as far back as it could go due to his long legs.

"So how is my best friend doing?" He asked with a bright and exaggerated smile. I rolled my eyes at him but nonetheless smiled.

"Eh. How are you?" I asked him in return.

"Horrible, if you're 'eh'. Why are you 'eh'?" He replicated the way I said 'eh' perfectly which made me giggle a bit.

"My brothers. I ran out of the house before I could see them." I gave him a brief explanation.

  "Understandable. You're gonna at least see Chase though." Kyle warned me.

  "Oh well." I shrugged.

  "You actually don't care anymore? You worry over everything."

  "I don't know, it's just Jason pushed me over the edge last night." The car stopped in the school parking lot and me and Kyle got out and got out backpacks from the backseat.

  "Yeah and I get that, I just didn't expect you to actually go through with it."

  "Well surprise!" I did unenthusiastic jazz hands and he rolled his eyes. He continued to walk me to my class like everyday, and left to his own class when the five minute bell rang.

  I went to a desk in the front, a desk that I've been sitting at recently so I don't sit by Chase. Only a few seconds of being in my chair, Chase entered. His eyebrows furrowed at me and he sped walk over to me.

  "What are you wearing- and don't you dare say clothes." Chase narrowed his eyes a bit. I looked down at my shirt which wasn't even tight, it was just tight compared to my usually baggy sweatshirts.

  "What?" I asked. I had no reply that wouldn't sound snarky.

  "Your shirt is tight?" He said as if it were a question.