Chapter 25

"Happy birthday!" Was what I woke up to. I was really confused when I realized it was Kyle who had woken me up. It quickly made a bit more sense when I remembered it was a Saturday. I groaned. "Come on. Up up." He smacked my leg through the blanket. When he was given another groan, he hoisted me up and carried me down the stairs before throwing me on the couch.

  "Good Morning!" Jackson cheered from the kitchen. I gave an indescribable sound in acknowledgment. I was so close to dozing off again but Chase ruined my chances when he jumped on top of me.

  "Good Morning, Brookie!" He cheered exaggeratedly while enveloping me in a tight hug. Eventually I gave up on my hopes of falling asleep and slugged my way into the kitchen only to fall into my chair.

  "I made pancakes for your birthday!" Alex shared proudly while making his way over to me with a plate.

  "With chocolate chips?" I began to grow excited. With the strict rules of my brothers, unhealthy food was a rare occurrence so I was always overjoyed for pancakes especially when chocolate chips were added.

  "Of course. And whipped cream." He placed my plate down and I clapped. I began to eat while Alex continued to distribute the food around the table. 

  Within a few minutes, I finished my breakfast, Jackson cleared all plates even though no one else was done. Kyle gave me bags which were hideously wrapped, but it was cute that he tried. I got a blanket and a pair of fuzzy pajamas - I was way too excited over those. My brothers eventually made me shut up so they could talk.

  "Okay. So we all agreed that you should be allowed to drive now, so you can get your permit. Well, you can try." Cole said quickly and with that, I squealed. After profusely thanking them, Kyle slapped a hand over my mouth.

  "Oh god." Jason muttered to himself while rubbing his temples prepping himself for what he was gonna say. "You're allowed to hang out with Blake." He said quietly, obviously very upset with it. 

  "But," Jackson was quick to fill the silence that Jason had left, "Once a week. If we say no, it's a no. The only time it is up for debate is if the week is coming to an end and you didn't get to hang out with him. If the week is just too full and you can't hang out with him well then tough luck. You have to ask me and Justin and leave a note on the fridge for everyone else. Kyle will always be there. The relationship between you two will be completely platonic. Completely. No dating. At all. Do you understand?" Jackson went over the rules, some more than others. 

  I nodded eagerly. All of them stared at me with a small hint of distaste at the fact I was now allowed to hang out with the forbidden boy. I could see that they were pretty content with my happiness. I was jumping around the room while Kyle danced around with me. All of my brothers were just smiling at our idiocy. 

  This continued for a few minutes and they all dispersed before I stopped and whispered a question to Kyle, who soon after nodded. I then put on a cutesy smile and innocently batted my eyelashes to Jackson. He glared at me.

  "What?" His eyes were narrow and he already knew I wanted something.

  "Can Blake and I hang out tomorrow?" I asked while giggling, he opened his mouth but I cut him off, knowing what he was gonna ask, "Kyle said yes!" Jackson threw his head back, knowing that he kind of had to say yes. He grit his teeth.

  "Go ask Justin." He grumbled and left the room like a grumpy child. I giggled and skipped over to my brother on the couch who already knew what was happening. I put my head on my hands as I leaned on the back of the couch.

  "What do you say? Please?" I drawled out the please and waited a few seconds until he sighed.

  "Yeah whatever. Remember the rules." He waved me away and I smiled in content. Kyle and I went up into my room and he sat on my bed and I squeezed on next to the limited space next to him.

  "How did you two even convince them?"I asked Kyle. He laughed lightly.

  "Well I banned Blake from talking, knowing he'd say something stupid. There was a lot of persuasion and negotiation. Then they threatened me saying that if Blake hurt you, I'd be in deep shit. I was expecting them to threaten Blake, which they did, but I was caught off guard when they did it to me. Like damn, I didn't know how scary they could be." He laughed, thinking back to the memory.

  "And you guys judged me for being scared of getting in trouble." I mumbled but it was loud enough for him to hear.

  "Well if I knew that was how they act, I wouldn't have judged you." He confessed with wide eyes which I laughed at.

  "But you could have listened to me." I stuck my tongue out. Kyle rolled his eyes and flicked my nose.

  "I'm basically the one who is allowing you to see Blake tomorrow, don't test my limits." He said sarcastically with a gentle smile. For the rest of the night we reminisced on old memories, talked about how one of his sisters is pregnant with twins, how our lives will be when we're older, and it got deep in some parts while at other times we were making stupid jokes. This has always been another reason as to why I'm so close to Kyle, we've always had a strong bond.

~~~~~