Chapter 9

I sat on my bed, bored. After going shopping with Kyle, I just went to my room and waited for something to happen. Nothing ever did. I was always cooped up in my room with out anything to do besides drawing. I've gotten pretty good though, that doesn't mean I enjoy it too much.

It was seven, I don't even know when the party starts. All I knew is my brothers would lie about having to go somewhere, when in reality they're going to the party. They'd leave, Blake's sister would cake my face in makeup, and we'd go to the party. Knowing Kyle, he'd be quick to leave me. He'd have to go off and "get to know" a girl. Usually blonde, tan, tall, and curvy. He surely had a type.

Finally, after hours of twiddling my thumbs and staring at the ceiling, Jason and Jackson came in to say their goodbyes.

"Brooklyn, we're going to Danny's house." Jackson lied, purposely using the name of one their friends I was particularly fond of. Danny was nice. He was like an older brother, not like I needed another. Danny actually tried to get them to relax on some rules which earned me an hour of playing video games one time.

"Mkay. All of you?" I asked, trying to act how I normally would.

"Yep. We'll be back late. Keep the doors locked." Jason replied.

"Will do. Tell him I said hi." I tell them, with a small smile.

"Okay. See ya Brookie." Jackson said before Jason ruffled my hair, both of them leaving soon after.

Here is when I was lost. I don't have a phone so I can't tell Blake to send his sister over.

It wasn't until an hour after my brothers left that I heard a knock on my door. I peeked through the peephole and saw Kyle, Blake and a woman. After letting them in, I immediately saw the resemblance between Blake and his sister.

She had black wavy hair that went to her waist. Her blue eyes stood out against her tan skin and long eyelashes. The strong jawline and cheekbones that Blake had were also on his sister. Blake was built and muscular, with broad shoulders and a naturally lean physique that made his said muscle stand out more, his sister however was very petite. Her shoulders were narrow and she had a slight curve for her hips. She had the body that were in fashion shows, and just like everyone else in my life, she was tall.

"Hi! I'm Brianna." She said as she put her hand out in front of her. She had a soothing voice that wasn't low but wasn't high. It was as if she had a high pitched voice with a low undertone to it. It didn't make sense but it was nice.

"Brooklyn." I said quietly, giving her my small hand which she firmly shook.

"She's shy. She'll open up a bit when you get to know her." Kyle informed her, only receiving a kurt nod.

"So what are you wearing?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"Just black and white." I answer while trying to keep my answer nice and short.

"Okay..." She said, still not having enough information, "Is it tight fitting or what?" She asked with a giggle.

"It flares out at the waist." I reply, once again keeping my answers short.

"Okay, are you ready?" She asked excitedly. This was where her and her brother were complete opposites. She was giddy and jumpy, while Blake was always calm with everything.

"Uh, I guess..." I mumbled. She squealed and pulled me upstairs, immediately going into the room with an open door. It was my room, thankfully, but it probably wasn't hard to spot. It was pink. My mom painted the walls when I was little, granting my wishes of a princess room. I kept the theme as I got older, just switching some things here and there.

Brianna told me to change into my outfit for the party and to bring her a towel. After doing as told, I sat down on my bed that was quite high for my short self. My feet dangle off the edge, while I was at the perfect height for Brianna to do my makeup.

She draped the towel over my outfit and started working on my makeup. It felt like hours of turning one way, then turning the other, looking up, looking down, closing my eyes, opening my eyes, opening my mouth, and flinching every time she tried to do my eyeliner, but eventually she finished. When I was changing she asked me questions about what I wanted, I told her as natural as possible but if she was like Blake, that wouldn't happen.

She motioned me to the mirror and my mouth gaped open in shock at how different I looked and felt with makeup on. My eyes were a dark brown on the outer edge but had a glitter on the base, and white on the inner corner. My now blushed cheekbones looked sharp, as well as my jaw line. My nose has always been small but she made it looked a bit more upturned. My lips were only glossed, thankfully not bright red like she had on.

"So I gave you a simple look, but I tried to change the look of your facial structure so if your brothers glance at you, they won't notice. It was pretty hard to change your face though, your cheekbones didn't need enhancement, I'm jealous." She chirped, packing her makeup bag.

I sighed in relief, happy it was over but then she started unpacking another bad and I remembered hair. She looked at me, cocking her head before putting the straightener back.

"You have really nice hair, so if we just brush it and give you a side part, you'd look like you had your hair styled professionally, and you kind of did but that's not the point." She said, explaining why she put her stuff back after seeing my look of confusion.

"Um, thanks?" I reply. She technically said I was pretty but didn't say it straightforward so I don't know if it was supposed to be treated as a compliment.

I went back to my bed while she brushed through my hair, before using her long manicured nails to part my hair. When she finished, she sent me to look in the mirror again, and I looked different but the same. I looked like me, but I looked like me in an alternate universe. A universe where I did my makeup daily and tried to look decent.

"Okay, put on your shoes then go down stairs. I'll be down there, I want to see their reaction!" She said happily, clapping her hands.

I sat on the floor, and clasped on the high heels. I crawled over to my bed, so I could use it to stand. Slowly, and wobbly, I stood up, walking back and forth along my bed a few times.

I walked down the stairs, holding onto the railing for dear life. When I finally reached the bottom, Blake looked impressed and Kyle looked like a proud parent, while Brianna was jumping up and down in excitement.

"You made her look hot, good job." Blake said, nodding his head in approval.

"She was hot before," Brianna said calmly, straightforward just like her little brother.

"How will I get this stuff off my face?" I asked while they all observed my new appearance.

"Coconut oil. But dilute it with water, you have perfect skin and we don't want it to break out to being oily. It'll probably break out anyways from your face going from being a lifelong virgin to make up to being caked in it." She said as if that wasn't a big deal. It was a huge deal to me though, my skin was one of my favorite features. It was smooth, delicate, and soft.

"Okay," Blake clapped his hands, "let's get going." He pulled keys out of his pocket and we started to go back to his house that he left unattended. To be fair though, if anything did happen, he wouldn't have known anyways so his absence made no difference.

I started walking to the door and when I walked past Kyle, he stabbed both ribs with his finger causing me to flail and nearly fall before giving him a glare.

"It's so entertaining how easy it is to mess with you." He laughed before jogging in front of me to catch up with Blake. He got in the front seat, while Brianna and I got in the back and we started to head back to Blake's house.