Epilogue

~Two Years Later~

  "Oh my god, Brooklyn, where are you?" Kyle groaned on the other side of the phone. I had come back to visit again, feeling that at least once a year was good enough. But Kyle had flown out to California merely months ago so I don't know why he's so keen on me hurrying up.

  "Calm your tits, I'll be there soon." I sighed, already picking up the mess of roadtrip snacks as we were only minutes away.

  "Um- excuse me? Calm my tits- calm my tits? You've changed and, frankly, I wouldn't say it's for the better." He whined, triggering me to roll my eyes.

  "You're such a baby sometimes, I swear."

  "Remember when you were the baby, all sweet and innocent, when you were nice?" He sassed me on the phone while I continued to throw my head back and Blake was chuckling. 

  "You're being so dramatic and you know it." I sighed, unbuckling my seatbelt as the car turned off in front of my old house. Blake and I walked up to the door as Kyle continued to berate me. Blake knocked on the door as I tried to argue for my innocence.

  "I just think that- hold on, someone's at the door." I smiled at that, he could be quite dense sometimes but it was so pure. The door swung open and there stood Kyle, face still red and flustered from our conversation. His phone dropped his ear and he did a girlish queak. "Brookie!" He shoved Blake aside and scooped me up, spinning me around while lifting me more than a foot off of the ground.

  "Great to see you too, Kyle." Blake scoffed with furrowed eyebrows as he stumbled back from Kyle's aggressive shove. Kyle completely ignored him, continuing to greet me while Blake went inside to greet everyone else. Most people decided to gather at my brothers' house for dinner so it would be easier to meet up.

  When Kyle finally put me down, he squished my cheeks together.

  "See! Baby!" He cooed the last word in a childish voice, mentioning our conversation on the phone.

  "Would you stop?" I laughed, shaking my head and going around him to go inside.

  "I can't help it, I missed you!" He pouted, running to catch up to me.

  "It's only been three months." I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He stuttered out nonsense for a bit.

  "You are so heartless. 'Only three months', are you fucking stupid? You know I need at least a weekly dosage of Brooklyn-time." Kyle got defensive and I continued to smile at his odd-personality but I still left him to go and greet the others. 

  "Oh my god! The queen has arrived!" I had no idea what was happening until a female body nearly tackled me with a hug. Brianna. She pulled away with a huge smile, dimples prominent. Her eyes were just as twinkly as before and her bright white teeth stood out against her red lipstick. Her black hair, that now had a blue streak, was in a messy ponytail but she still looked stunning. "How have you been Brookie?" She looked at me as if we'd been friends forever. We did manage to get closer when I came to visit last year but that wasn't the only reason why she was this friendly and touchy.  She was just an outgoing person.

  "Good. I guess." I chuckled nervously at her close-distance and giddy attitude, "And you?" She just giggles mischievously. 

  "I mean, as good as usual I guess." She chirped. "Oh! There's a boy!" She jumped, as excited as a child who was promised ice cream.

  "Oh! Who? Will I get to meet him?" I got excited for her, especially when seeing her eyes fill with glee. She once again giggled, seemingly in a daze.