Chapter 24

A few days passed and I had come up with a good idea - kinda - for a birthday gift. If it works then it's a good idea, however I don't know how my brothers will react.

  "Brookie, we need birthday present ideas." Cole was sent into my room. Everyone knew I'd be most open to talking to him so he was the one to question me. 

  "Okay. So," I was trying to prepare him. He quirked an eyebrow and I could tell that he knew that I was gonna pitch something stupid. "I was thinking... that maybe once a week, or every two weeks, or once a month - you get the point, preferably the first one though, - that you guys could let me and Blake hang out. Kyle would be there too! But then I can have more than one friend and I can still be supervised." I battered my long eyelashes. "Please!" I added quickly.

  Cole has come in with a clipboard to write down ideas, he didn't write this down though. He stared at me incredulously while the pen floated over the paper. He slowly set it down and rubbed the point between his eyes.

  "Brooklyn. I love you, and I'll pitch the idea. But I need more than that because they'll most likely say no." Cole sighed. He still didn't write the idea down.

  "You can still write it down. Besides, everything else is gonna be a big-fat no as well." I crossed my arms. He gave me a look, telling me to tell him my other ideas. "A phone, a tv - or at least time on the tv - and oooh! I wanna take my drivers test and get my permit!" I clapped my hands in excitement. He jotted down the ideas.

  "Anything else?" Cole asked while clicking his pen. I didn't reply but grabbed the pen and clipboard. I rapidly circled the first idea, the one that proposed I should be allowed to hang out with Blake, and then wrote a small note saying that was the one I wanted most.

  Cole chuckled and shook his head before leaving my room. For a few hours or so I played Tetris on my phone and stopped when I heard Kyle's voice downstairs. I jumped off my bed and jogged down the stairs.

  "Hey Bee." He smiled from the kitchen where we was talking to Jason over the counter.

  "Hi Ky." I smile and gave him a hug from the side which was really awkward due to the height difference.

  I sat in the barstool that Kyle was leaning on and listened to their conversation until I ended up zoning out. I was brought back into reality when I felt Kyle lightly shake my shoulder.

  "What do you want for your birthday?" He asked sweetly.

  "Candy? A blanket! Pajamas!" I spat out a few ideas.

  "Why does he get all the easy ideas?" Jason groaned while moving out of the kitchen, giving Alex room to start dinner.

  "Because he doesn't control my life." I say with a bit of attitude. Jason gave me a playful glare but I saw a small smile on his lips.

  "That's Jackson and Justin's fault actually." He defended himself.

  "You follow suit." I argued. He just chuckled and ruffled my hair while he walked past me and into the living room. When he left I turned to Kyle who was on his phone. "Are you staying for dinner?" I chirped. He glanced up from his phone before shoving it in his pocket and smiling at me.

  "Yep. Blake is too." He informed me.

  "Why?" It's not that I didn't want him to come, but he has been part of a lot of drama in the family recently and it's quite shocking my brothers would let him come over for dinner.

  "I don't know. Ask your brothers." He shrugged.

  "You're so helpful." I said sarcastically to Kyle who just gave a goofy smile. Just when I was about to poke his dimple, which I actually do quite often, I heard Blake's voice echo through the house.

  "I'm here!" He yelled all too loudly considering most of the boys were in the living room. I heard some of my brothers bicker teasingly at him and Blake just laughed.

  I walked into the living room and collapsed in between Chase and Jax.

  "Hey Mini-Robins." Blake greeted and leaned against the wall. I gave him a small smile and leaned onto Chase's shoulder.

  For a while they talked about future and past parties. They planned the parties they could have and incorporated ideas from parties they did have.

  "Can I go?" I said sarcastically, knowing they'd say no. All heads turned to me and I got glares. " Geez. I was kidding." I grumbled. When I caught Blake's eyes, he winked and put a thumbs up. Thankfully all eyes were on me and no one saw. They also credited my blushing to the attention and didn't even think twice about the red that gathered on my cheeks.

  "Nice try, Brooklyn." Chase laughed. Soon enough all attention was on the new conversation and was only stopped when Alex called people into the kitchen.

  I was one of the first people to sit down, Kyle sat on my right and Blake sat on my left. That was until Chase kicked him out of the seat and made him move.

  Dinner was chaotic, as usual. As mentioned many times, I'm a pretty small person so my diet generally consists of smaller amounts of food. However, the rest of the table was filled with crazy boys who were all still growing. Food was being fought over and fought with.

  "Chase, stop." I whispered harshly when he and Jason continued to throw the garlic toast at each other. He gave me a look but stopped, he caught the next piece that was thrown at him and took a large bit out of it. Then Blake took it upon himself to throw a strawberry at me. "Stop it." I mouthed. He just smiled to himself and continued eating his food.

  When I finished I leaned back - only for a few seconds.

  "Brooklyn, go upstairs." Jackson ordered. He didn't sound rude but made sure that I knew to just leave. "Birthday stuff."

  "Love you too." I laughed and got up to leave.

  When I got up to my room it dawned on me that they were discussing my birthday with Blake and Kyle. So maybe they were actually thinking about it? Kyle always comes over to discuss my birthday with them since he's like a brother to us all, but Blake only has one thing to do with my birthday.

  I smiled to myself, even though nothing was for certain. But now it was late, for me that is, I changed into fluffy pajamas and was quick to cuddle into my many blankets and went to sleep.

—————