Chapter 6

The next day at school was as normal as it could be, I guess. Chase was being his usual rude self. Sometimes he can be nice, but for the most part he's just bratty. Kyle is still teasing me at every moment he gets. My brothers made me sit with them at lunch to avoid Blake. Which I guess makes sense from their point of view since Blake is being just as flirty as usual.

  Blake being flirty is normal though, that's just his personality around all girls. However when he is actually trying to get into a girl's pants, he doesn't just flirt with a few compliments. He goes all the way with suggestive stares and a bit more physical contact as well as not being secretive when he scans them from head to toe. I've seen him doing it in the halls with a different girl every other day.

  Though my day was for the most part normal, it just had to be made a bit more intense when my world studies teacher gave us an assignment. On the second day of school! And guess who my partner was. It was Blake. Generally I wouldn't mind who I got, but with my brothers hating the concept of me being anywhere near Blake this wouldn't be good.

  The car ride home I was silent, and apparently more than usual since my brothers noticed. Jason spoke up.

  "So, Brooklyn. You seem quiet." He glances at me in the mirror. I don't know how to reply to him so I just shrug.

  "Something you'd like to share?" He asks with a daring look. 

  "Not really." I murmur quietly. Since he couldn't get any information from me, he looks at Kyle who I forgot was in the car.

  "Kyle, do you know what's up with her?" Jax steps in. I shoot him a look to beg him not to tell. If I was gonna tell anyone it would be Cole.

  "Um yeah but I shouldn't be the one to tell you..." Kyle draws out. We pull up to his house and he was quick to leave, leaving me with my protective brothers.

  "I swear if it has to do with Blake." Jax starts his threat but knows he won't get anywhere.

  "Woah what does this have to do with Blake?" Chase speaks up. I hadn't realized until now that Chase wasn't apart of anything that had to do with Blake.

  "She got detention with him yesterday." Jason explains. When Chase heard I was in detention he sent me an evil smirk.

  "So what? I could've gotten detention with anyone! Why does it matter if it's Blake?" I ask with more aggression than intended.

  "Because he'll just fuck you then leave you and then you're gonna be a heartbroken mess. I know we may seem like assholes but we are trying to help you." Jason explains.

  "You're not helping though! You just take everything away. I got detention with him! That's not gonna cause anything." I grumble.

  "I mean Blake is nice, but when it comes to girls he just uses them." Jax says, trying to make me understand.

  "Oh, like you guys?" I confront him as we pull up to the house. I get out and they all follow me to try and explain themselves.

  "We don't use girls!" Jason defends.

  "What would you call it?" I ask with a rude tone.

  "One night stands." Jax says, sounding like he's asking a question.

  "Except for you make them think you actually care and want to peruse a relationship with them, just for you to pretend they don't exist after you have sex. Don't act all innocent." I roll my eyes after they can't defend themselves. I storm into the house and look for Cole so I can tell him about the problem with Blake. After checking the kitchen and living room I go to his room, knowing that's the last place he could be and thankfully that's where he is.

  "Cole." I say to grab his attention. 

  "Yes..." He replies mindlessly as he copies something from his laptop into his notebook.

  "I'm in a predicament." I sway on my feet. He looks up from his paper.

  "What's up?"

  "Me and Blake are partners in a world studies project..." I told him nervously while looking down.

"Okay.... So do the project...?" Cole said as if I was stupid.

"It's all done at home. And the rest of the boys will freak out."

"You just gotta tell them." He shrugs like it was all so simple. I was about to speak up when the door opened and Jackson came in.

"Cole, do you have the- oh hey Brookie, how do was school?" Jackson said as soon as his foot passed the door. Before I could respond to his question, Cole spoke up.

"She has a project with Blake that's all done at home." Cole said before dropping his eyes to his notebook, reading over what he had written.

"Brooklyn, why would you choose to have a project with him? Justin!" Jackson ended up calling for my other brother causing me to groan.

"I didn't choose him, the teacher did." I tried to explain when Jason came walking into the room with only basketball shorts on.

"Chose who?" Jason asked suspiciously.

"She got a project with Blake." Cole spoke up once again but kept his eyes trained on his phone.

"Oh come on. How hard is it to keep one boy away from you." Jason whines. I ignore him and ask the question I had.

"So what am I supposed to do?" I look at all three brothers expectantly.

"Just do it I guess." Jackson said. He was slapped light by Jason who was trying to get his attention.

"It's all done at home." Jason sighed.

"Okay then door opened at all times or do it in the living room, and I'll talk to him." Jackson finalized.

"No, you don't need to talk to him." I complained.

"Brooklyn just be glad I'm not going to see your teacher and complain about it and embarrass you." Jackson said while pointing a finger at me. I just left the room to start on homework.

————