Chapter 43

A few weeks passed and within that time Blake and I tried to figure out what to do with our situation. We couldn't imagine how a long-distance relationship would be but it was beginning to seem like our last choice. He was relying on me to decide. I had the options of a long distance relationship and Blake living out his career as a model or a normal relationship while he gets stuck in some boring job.

  Though he would deny it if you asked, he did enjoy the idea of being a model. He reveled in the attention and was well aware of his good looks. But now it was up to me to make or break his dream, a short-lived dream, but a dream nonetheless. Part of me wanted to be selfish and make him stay by side through literally everything, but the other part of me- the morally-correct part of me - wanted to let Blake do whatever he wanted, even if it would cost me. But after a few days of constantly talking about what would be the best decision, I decided I could live with a long distance relationship if it meant we could be together as he got to do something that he enjoyed.

  However, we were told by his newly-found agent that a lot of gigs would take place in California so an investment on a house would be a good idea. And with that we realised that we could live together if I went to college there.

  But with this big jump in life, as well as in our relationship, there was a lot of discussion which meant a lot of meeting up. And though my brothers had gotten over the fact that we were together, they never missed a chance to throw him a dirty look when they passed my bedroom's open door - a rule created by my siblings. It was quite confusing too, cause they were still friends if it was just them but if I was near Blake or if my name came into conversation, it was like he was the most hated person in America. 

  So now, we were sat on my bed scrolling through houses on Cole's laptop as if we were a young married couple who were ready to start a family.

  "What about that one?" I pointed to a house that caught my eye.

  "Too small, Brookie." He mumbled and swiped past it.

  "Blake. There would be two people living there, one of which will be gone all the time."

  "But I don't want to come back to a small house." He grumbled and continued scrolling. I splayed my hand in front of the screen to get him to focus on me.

  "You won't. You will come back to an average sized house. Then if you make it big-"

  "When." He corrected. I gave him a glare for interrupting me.

  "When you make it big," a smile formed on his face at my corrected sentence, "we can get a bigger house." I tried to reason.

  "But-" He began but was stopped by my finger pressing onto his lips.

  "No buts." I grinned and took the laptop off of his laps and set it mine before scrolling up to find the house he ignored.

  After scrolling through the pictures, I gave him the laptop back.

  "I like it." I smiled wide

  "Good for you." He groaned, once again leaving the cute house in the mess of others. I gasped and flicked his ear. "Ow!" He looked at me in confusion while his hand held his pained ear.

  "This is a two way street, you can't just ignore it, especially when you didn't even look at it!" I crossed my arms over my chest with a childish pout.

  "I did look at it." He defended himself.

  "No, you didn't. You were on your phone. I'm not blind and I'm not dumb, Blake. Just look at it, please." I whined the "please" and clasped my hands. He groaned, giving in and mumbled incoherent phrases as he went back through the listings to look at the house.

  "Fine, we can save it, since you like it so much." He said lowly after looking at the interior, earning a squeal from me as I clapped my hands.

  "You like it!"

  "Do not."

  "Yes you do, you just don't want to admit it." I said smugly.

  "I saved it because you like it." He looked at me with a quirked eyebrow. 

  "Mhm..." I hummed while trying to fight the grin off of my face.

  "I did!" Blake began to get defensive, trying to prove his point.

  "Sure you did, Baby." I smirked.

  "I did." He said in a mockingly-angry voice, poking my side with his finger on the second word. My body spasmed, my ribs distanced themselves from his fingers as my hands went to protect them. He continued to tickle me for a few seconds before laying off. "Now, what were you saying?" He taunted me by holding his hands up, waving his fingers.

  "You heard me."

  The faux-argument lasted a few more minutes, only ending after he threw his head back groaning at my stubborn nature.

  "Fine, I liked the damn house. Happy?" His hands ran down his face. 

  "Very much so."

~~~~~

  Blake ended up going home just before my brother began to prepare dinner. The night was normal until I had been called down to eat and entered the dining room. I was greeted with a tall blonde with tan long legs, steel blue eyes, and cheekbones high enough to give God a high five.

  "Hi..." I spoke, unsure as to why there was a stranger in our dining room.

  "Brooklyn, this is Vanessa." Jackson voiced as he saw the confusion in my eyes.

  "Ah. Okay...." I glanced her over before looking back at my brother with my wide-eyed expression. "Why is she here?" I asked quietly, feeling a light twinge of guilt at the question which would be deemed rude if taken in the wrong context.

  "She is my girlfriend." He wrapped an arm around her as if to prove a point.

  I was a bit shocked to say the least. He had never dated anyone, anyone that he had told me about at least. I nodded, still confused as to why she was here. I raised an eyebrow, asking for more information.

  "Has been for about a year now." At this information, my mouth flew open but I knew it would be rude to bicker at this moment so I shut my mouth and smiled at her before awkwardly taking a seat, eating an awkward silence for the remainder of the night.

----------