chapter 21 - Isobel

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Alex: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan stood on the roof.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "For over a century, I have lived in secret, until now. I know the risk, but I had no choice."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Alex/Elena's room, Stefan and Elena sat on her bed, kissing.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "I have to know her."

From 1.19 "Miss Mystic Falls", in the living room of the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon, Kaylin, Nicola and John were talking.

"The original Jonathan Gilbert had an invention that was stolen by a vampire," John told them."Her name was Pearl."

From 1.20 "Blood Family", in the Grill, Pearl and John were at their table.

Pearl stood. "I gave your device to Kaylin. Why don't you ask her for it yourself?"

From 1.20 "Blood Family", in the tomb vampires' house, a stake was shot into Pearl's heart, killing her. She started to desiccate, falling.

Harper caught Pearl's body in his arms, looking toward the door and Pearl's killer.

From 1.20 "Blood Family", in the tomb vampires' house, Cristian looked forward numbly in shock, putting his arm out to stop Anna.

They looked at Pearl's dead, desiccated body.

Anna ran to her mother's side, kneeling next to her, crying in pain and denial about losing her after only just getting her back. "Mom! Mama!" Cristian knelt next to them numbly. "No." Anna looked at Cristian. "Cris!"

Cristian wrapped his arms around Anna.

Anna cried into his shoulder.

Cristian looked at Pearl's body, the only one that he had had in the tomb for a century in a half, his sire, his surrogate mother, with tears in his eyes, but completely numb and in denial all the same.

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in a flashback in Alaric's room, Isobel was lying in bed.

Alaric sat next to her, kissing her on the head.

Alaric: (voice over from 1.13 Children of the Damned) "My wife Isobel spent her life researching paranormal activity in this area."

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", in the parlor of the Salvatore Boarding House, Alaric was confronting Damon. "What have you done to my wife?"

"I turned her," Damon answered.

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in Stefan's room, Elena and Stefan were sitting together.

"Why do I look like her?" Elena asked. "Why does Alex look like her?"

"You and Alex were adopted, Elena," Stefan told her.

Elena looked at him in disbelief and denial.

From 1.12 "Unpleasantville", in the living room of the Gilbert House, Jenna and Elena were talking.

Jenna was dressed up for the dance in a '50s outfit. "This girl showed up. She was 16. She had a child in her arms, you, and she was about to give birth, Alex."

"What else do you know about her?" Elena asked.

"Just her name," Jenna answered. "Isobel."

From 1.15 "A Few Good Men", outside the Grill, Alex and Elena were being confronted by the compelled man.